Daiwa ARDI&#

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
wingman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa ARDI&#

Post by wingman » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:57 pm

Hey guys, just ordered my first JDM rod from Plat. An Olympic Bosco. Starting to browse around for the next rod to get. Would like to get a Megabass or an evergreen but it's kinda pricey for me right now. Looking at a Daiwa Ardito. Does anybody have this rod? Any thoughts, opinions about it. Thanks guys!

wingman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa ARDI&a

Post by wingman » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:59 pm

I don't know what happened to the subject line but it's supposed to say Daiwa Ardito 631mhfb. Sorry guys.

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:07 pm

Congrats on the Bosco wingman. I was looking at that stick a few months back too. The olympics seem like very nice sticks. Don't anything about the Daiwa rods.
BlackRock Custom Fishing Rods.
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:26 pm

Wingman, I too am interested in the Daiwa Ardito-Ti. The rod seems like it has all the "right stuff". I've heard from one forum member that he owned the non-Ti model Ardito and really liked the rod..very light and sensitive. Let me know if you find anything more out about them and I'll do the same for you. Daiwa sure doesn't publish much information on their rods....I couldn't even determine whether the Ardito had a "blank through handle" construction.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

Florian
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa &#65313;&#65330;&#65316;&#65321;&a

Post by Florian » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:53 am

Fishingboy has got one of those Arditos he'll help you out with your questions.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Daiwa &#65313;&#65330;&#65316;&#65321;&a

Post by USA-RET » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:09 pm

hehe..fishingboy is the guy who gave me the info I do have on the Ardito. Only wish there was more information on some of these rods
on-line.

Just reading the specs on some of the rods can leave you scratching your head...some MH rods are rated at 3/8 oz an up and some H are rate at 1/4oz and up...line size varies between 12-16 lbs on the light side of their recommendations too on MH to H. Hard to figure what the rod will actually fish like until you actually own it. Comparing them to companies like Loomis, St. Croix, Shimano and others..where MH is usually 8-17lb 1/4-3/4 (or close to it)..can be very hard to judge the JDM stuff by picture and printed specifications.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><