Is the TD-ITO Still King??

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Is the TD-ITO Still King??

Post by raul » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:29 pm

GAMEOVER wrote:
mhood wrote:[font=Arial]Pixilla!!![/font]
:twisted:
Yeah id put the Pixy above the Zillion.
No, no, no Game, you are confused, Pixies are not Pixillas, PIXILLAS, specifically limited edition PIXILLAS are by far and above superior to everything and anything ever manufactured in this galaxy, and having 4 PIXILLAS is even better, am I right Marc ? ;)

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:33 pm

raul wrote:
GAMEOVER wrote:
mhood wrote:[font=Arial]Pixilla!!![/font]
:twisted:
Yeah id put the Pixy above the Zillion.
am I right Marc ? ;)
You are right sir!!! I was thinking Pixilla belonged at the top of that list...not just above a Zillion. I certainly wouldn't be stoopid enough to trade one of mine for a common TD Ito 103...seriously ya'll. [-X

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:41 pm

If we are talking performance I am not sure the ito is even the best TD-Z. I will let you guys battle it out though. I do see some of you guys throwing rounds reels in there. It sounds like you have forget about the AE74. ;)

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:51 pm

GamblerHydra wrote:If we are talking performance I am not sure the ito is even the best TD-Z. I will let you guys battle it out though. I do see some of you guys throwing rounds reels in there. It sounds like you have forget about the AE74. ;)
I never used the AE74. That was my criteria.

illini
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by illini » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:24 pm

The iTo-Z King not even close :roll:

The iTo-Z is just a Z with less brake force and green sideplates thats all. I like the stock Z better the less brake force just made it worse IMO.
The AE74/UM1600 ZPI'ed is far and away better in terms casting and braking. And then there's Calais with ZPI Spool awesome reel. I have owned all reels mentioned. And currentley use 1500C/2500C Avail Tuned.

BassFreak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFreak » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:50 pm

Just would like to remind that for the purposes of this thread, we'll limit it to Low profile baitcasters that are "stock" or in the condition you can buy them. As if we would tackle "all" reels, there would be no end to this discussion. And if we open the pandoras box of tuning, swapping parts and upgrading. That would be a long and winding road which ends in personal preferences.

Illini, although the Ito is "tuned", it is still a production reel limited or not, no sense in comparing it to a reel that you have upgraded to your preferences.

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:20 pm

Welll id still like to see some reasons why some still believe the TDZ is better then the Steez without me taking a side because frankly I really dont care they both are ultra high end and thats good enough for me. I own a Steez and im not expierenced with it at all yet only casted it a few times today, that is it. I do not own and never have owned a TDZ. Daiwa spent some big time dollars switching over production to the Steez and showed some balls removing a highly regarded reel like the TDZ. Did they offer us a better platform? I believe so.. wonder if theyll have custom Steezs come out ever some year. Id love a green, orange, red, silver and yellow one. :lol: ill just take em all

The only reel out that I dont like better then its previous generation is the Shimano Chronarch.. I dont care for the B.

illini wrote:The iTo-Z King not even close :roll:

The iTo-Z is just a Z with less brake force and green sideplates thats all. I like the stock Z better the less brake force just made it worse IMO.
The AE74/UM1600 ZPI'ed is far and away better in terms casting and braking. And then there's Calais with ZPI Spool awesome reel. I have owned all reels mentioned. And currentley use 1500C/2500C Avail Tuned.
From an enthusiast standpoint and as far as low-pro baitcasters go the TD Ito is the ultimate right now. Glad to see people havent started a Steez Calais DC war as both are top-notch reels but just completely different monsters excelling in different areas. Glad to see you stood your ground on your TD Ito opinion even if I dont agree completely ;) Lots wont give their negative opinion in fear of an outlash from some on here.

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Want » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:37 pm

Lots wont give their negative opinion in fear of an outlash from some on here.
In 2 or so years the Steez will be on clearance at Cabela's. So much for brand value. :lol:

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:48 pm

The TD Z, in some aspects, is still being produced as the Fuego.

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:50 pm

I really don't understand what the hype is about the TD-ITO. It's no better than a regular TD-Z for performance. Sure, it looks nice with the purple anodized parts and green plates, but I'd take my shiny Antares over the TD-ITO anyday ;)
Attachments
CRW_1796.jpg
CRW_1796.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 3243 times

BassFreak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFreak » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:53 pm

I did notice the similar platform of the Fuego and the TDZ Johnny, Makes me wonder just how similar they are?? I dont own a fuego but if it performs like the stock TDZ it might be worht a second look..

BassFreak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFreak » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:02 pm

iangler wrote:I really don't understand what the hype is about the TD-ITO. It's no better than a regular TD-Z for performance. Sure, it looks nice with the purple anodized parts and green plates, but I'd take my shiny Antares over the TD-ITO anyday ;)
I've never owned an Antares and cant say how good this reel really is, Does it significantly outperform the TD-Z??

jayhawkfishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jayhawkfishin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:32 pm

This is just the scoring of reels on this web site.

Score Score - price & availability

Conquest 101dc 9.08 9.4
Steez 9.08 9.4
Calais DC 9.0 9.4
Conquest 50 9.11 9.3
Td Ito 9.08 9.3

I can't afford any of these reels so i don't know I just can't stand people arguing over reels ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE NEVER OWNED THE REELS IN QUESTION.

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:08 pm

jayhawkfishin wrote:This is just the scoring of reels on this web site.

Score Score - price & availability

Conquest 101dc 9.08 9.4
Steez 9.08 9.4
Calais DC 9.0 9.4
Conquest 50 9.11 9.3
Td Ito 9.08 9.3

I can't afford any of these reels so i don't know I just can't stand people arguing over reels ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE NEVER OWNED THE REELS IN QUESTION.
This is why you really need to take advice from members like Johnny A. Gamblerhydra, and Illini. They either have or have had all these reels in question and will give you a non biased opinion.
BlackRock Custom Fishing Rods.
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:13 pm

tonym wrote: This is why you really need to take advice from members like Johnny A. Gamblerhydra, and Illini. They either have or have had all these reels in question and will give you a non biased opinion.

Ditto.

I hope everyone trys to give opinions based on expierence or from atleast reputable sources. I dont think some know just how much this forum (and site) effects other anglers buying habits. The only thing I wish I would see more of is peoples negative comments about a product. I just dont understand why some people hesitate so much. "Oh no you dont like my Elseil I now hate you and am going to cry" "How dare you like an 80 dollar reel its too cheap to be good" :lol:

Im so happy to have met guys like that on here who take those chances on expensive gear and save a lot of guess work for the rest of us. The end result us buying a product we never even laid eyes on and loving it! Some just dont know how much others opinions effects peoples buying habits on here. Cal sold me on the Elseil so I take his word even more serious then before with purchases. Someone just about sold me on Gan Craft.. and if I dont like it hes getting crap listed (j/k :) but im serious :not talking: ).