X Factor JDM Plastic

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Post Reply
Sterfry26
Angler
Angler
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:27 pm

X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by Sterfry26 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:51 am

Hello,

Recently I have been using a lot of JDM plastics and I was wondering what your "X Factor" bait was the last season. I'm sure some people won't want to burn their favorites but I think it would be fun to see. I'll go first. Mine has been the spark shad in 3 inch as well as the osp dolive gill.

User avatar
DarkShadow
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:48 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by DarkShadow » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:28 pm

Bait Breath Rush Craw rigged with a Tiemco Pdl Bait Finesse Jig. Fished it all year. Fished it in shallow water, fished it in deep water, always seems to be a consistent producer.

G40
Angler
Angler
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:07 pm

Re: X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by G40 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:38 pm

I enjoyed everything from Dstyle, The Truster 3.8, and both sizes of the Virola are awesome baits.

Sterfry26
Angler
Angler
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Re: X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by Sterfry26 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:00 am

G40 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:38 pm
I enjoyed everything from Dstyle, The Truster 3.8, and both sizes of the Virola are awesome baits.
The virola looks awesome. Where do you order your JDM plastics from?

Sterfry26
Angler
Angler
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Re: X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by Sterfry26 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:01 am

DarkShadow wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:28 pm
Bait Breath Rush Craw rigged with a Tiemco Pdl Bait Finesse Jig. Fished it all year. Fished it in shallow water, fished it in deep water, always seems to be a consistent producer.
Definitely will be picking up some of those jigs. Where do you order them from?

User avatar
DarkShadow
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:48 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by DarkShadow » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 am

Sterfry26 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:01 am
DarkShadow wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:28 pm
Bait Breath Rush Craw rigged with a Tiemco Pdl Bait Finesse Jig. Fished it all year. Fished it in shallow water, fished it in deep water, always seems to be a consistent producer.
Definitely will be picking up some of those jigs. Where do you order them from?
I've had better luck sourcing nuclear grade plutonium at times.

I've gotten them at jpangler.com, but I think I bought all of them out during my last order. :lol:

Or you can pay $500 on eBay! https://www.ebay.com/itm/TIEMCO-rubber- ... SwszVeNEIu

I do Google searches for the Tiemcos and can barely find them anywhere. If you find some stock, let me know! These 'jigs' are extremely versatile.

Sterfry26
Angler
Angler
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Re: X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by Sterfry26 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:07 am

DarkShadow wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 am
Sterfry26 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:01 am
DarkShadow wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:28 pm
Bait Breath Rush Craw rigged with a Tiemco Pdl Bait Finesse Jig. Fished it all year. Fished it in shallow water, fished it in deep water, always seems to be a consistent producer.
Definitely will be picking up some of those jigs. Where do you order them from?
I've had better luck sourcing nuclear grade plutonium at times.

I've gotten them at jpangler.com, but I think I bought all of them out during my last order. :lol:

Or you can pay $500 on eBay! https://www.ebay.com/itm/TIEMCO-rubber- ... SwszVeNEIu

I do Google searches for the Tiemcos and can barely find them anywhere. If you find some stock, let me know! These 'jigs' are extremely versatile.
Tackle Japan has some

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:35 pm

For me..hands down the OSP Do-Live Beaver, especially the newer 4' version. I run them on home made jika, or for the 3.5 a G-Finnese Trickyhead.

User avatar
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4387
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:47 pm
Location: In the "Heart of Dixie"

Re: X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by Johnny A » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:47 pm

O.S.P. soft baits are just as productive as the hard baits.

G40
Angler
Angler
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:07 pm

Re: X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by G40 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 pm

Sterfry26 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:00 am
G40 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:38 pm
I enjoyed everything from Dstyle, The Truster 3.8, and both sizes of the Virola are awesome baits.
The virola looks awesome. Where do you order your JDM plastics from?
Try the SVSB too, ironically its a small bait but it gets bit by all kinds of fish.

Japanimportackle.com Munenori is the exclusive USA importer of Dstyle products and is A+ Customer Service. He can order you anything in the Dstyle lineup.


Dstyle tends of have a finesse approach to all of its baits. Everything they make has a pretty cool concept to it.

Btw, If its FECO plastics, Mend it works great on them. This will help you curve the cost of going JDM with your soft plastics :big grin:

CReel83
Angler
Angler
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:58 am

Re: X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by CReel83 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:04 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:35 pm
For me..hands down the OSP Do-Live Beaver, especially the newer 4' version. I run them on home made jika, or for the 3.5 a G-Finnese Trickyhead.
Do-Live Beaver in 3'5" on free rig or jika rig! OSP soft and hard baits are so effective.

Sterfry26
Angler
Angler
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Re: X Factor JDM Plastic

Post by Sterfry26 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:23 am

G40 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 pm
Sterfry26 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:00 am
G40 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:38 pm
I enjoyed everything from Dstyle, The Truster 3.8, and both sizes of the Virola are awesome baits.
The virola looks awesome. Where do you order your JDM plastics from?
Try the SVSB too, ironically its a small bait but it gets bit by all kinds of fish.

Japanimportackle.com Munenori is the exclusive USA importer of Dstyle products and is A+ Customer Service. He can order you anything in the Dstyle lineup.


Dstyle tends of have a finesse approach to all of its baits. Everything they make has a pretty cool concept to it.

Btw, If its FECO plastics, Mend it works great on them. This will help you curve the cost of going JDM with your soft plastics :big grin:
Thank you is I appreciate it I will definitely check them out!

Post Reply