Seditions and some others.

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Seditions and some others.

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:21 am

RISE wrote:
EG also has some outstanding solid tip offerings that I very much enjoy fishing. I won’t go in-depth on that subject right now, as there are so many variables I’d want to touch on, but let’s just say...they all have their strengths, and of course, a few weaknesses here and there.
...... aside from the Rapid Gunner and Hooligan which are both being tested as jig rods, but in different weight classes ATM....

Dear Rise,

I have also fallen for the EG solid tip rods.
In my collection are:
FACT HFAC-511MHST
FACT HFAC-67MHST
FACT HFAC-70HST

Plus some Daiwa Air Edge:
641LB-ST
671MB-ST
701MHB-ST

I'm happy to see that someone has pulled the trigger and would be happy to hear your experience on the ST.

Additionally, I have my eyes on the Rapid Gunner HD but didn't find any real world reviews. Would be really nice to hear what you have to say.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:36 am

Each time I open this thread I have the same gratifying release of endorphins
You have opened a door to a new deminsion and I’ve been reading on these rods. So much so that
I didn’t hear the wife say good night because I was in bed with my phone looking at this stuff.
needless to say no kiss goodnight but I figure I’ll make it up by buying two sticks one for each of us.
And I’ll make sure I take good care of hers
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:13 am

Absolutely bangin' 8-)

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:14 am

Awesome collection Rise. Your an inspiration to try new and hard to get equipment. I’m glad you got to take your Sedition’s out. I have the same feelings towards the Hooligan. I feel it has excellent clarity in reading the bottom. It’s a deep and has a more hollow tone when bouncing tungsten on rocks. I tried mine with a 1/2 jig, but need more time to see how I really like it. I think next time I take it out it’s gonna have braid and a hollow body frog on it. It is able to work them very well and Definitely has the backbone and the taper might be right for it.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:51 am

Carlos Carrapiço wrote:
RISE wrote:
EG also has some outstanding solid tip offerings that I very much enjoy fishing. I won’t go in-depth on that subject right now, as there are so many variables I’d want to touch on, but let’s just say...they all have their strengths, and of course, a few weaknesses here and there.
...... aside from the Rapid Gunner and Hooligan which are both being tested as jig rods, but in different weight classes ATM....

Dear Rise,

In my collection are:
FACT HFAC-511MHST
FACT HFAC-67MHST
FACT HFAC-70HST

641LB-ST
671MB-ST
701MHB-ST

I'm happy to see that someone has pulled the trigger and would be happy to hear your experience on the ST.

Additionally, I have my eyes on the Rapid Gunner HD but didn't find any real world reviews. Would be really nice to hear what you have to say.
Oooh the FACT. Be curious to hear your thoughts on the FACT 70H.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:42 am

No need for a psychiatrist/psychologist/therapist,
yours is a passion by a true connoisseur of fishing equipment's performance and aesthetics.

Well done, amico, well done =D>

Regards,

Doc

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:35 pm

[quote="goldrod"]Each time I open this thread I have the same gratifying release of endorphins

Funny; I had the same thought prior to reading this comment. It’s envigorating to open this thread. This response in me may suggest some need for counselling; not RISE’s enthusiasm for tackle. :D

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:38 pm

RISE wrote:
The pink bumpers are insane, that is amazing dedication to an aesthetic. That tiny detail ties it all together.

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:28 am

Carlos Carrapiço wrote:
RISE wrote:

Dear Rise,

In my collection are:
FACT HFAC-511MHST
FACT HFAC-67MHST
FACT HFAC-70HST

641LB-ST
671MB-ST
701MHB-ST

Carlos,
That is a fine lineup of rods you have listed, and I actually have a HFAC-70HST on the way (which BTW...is built with a Designo blank) as we speak, along with 6 other rods, including another Designo ST rod...

Two of my absolute favorite ST sticks right now, are my one-off prototype Raid Gladiator Technix Bounty Killer AGS that I was very lucky to acquire (I’ll post some pics in the next day or two), as there are no others in the world like it and the EG Black Raven SS MHST-F. The Bounty Killer is simply incredible to fish, and is also the lightest I’ll go, power-wise (ML). Its sensitivity, taper, balance, and casting abilities are truly outstanding. I love throwing a Neko Rig on this setup. It’s paired with a heavily modded Silver Mica Pix-zilla/I’ze Finesse spool build. The EG TKIC Black Raven SS is also outstanding, and just so much fun to fish. That one is paired with another heavily modded BFS-Ish-Tuned, Amber Orange Pix-zilla/I’ze Finesse spool. As you probably already know...EG’s ratings (power-wise) are sometimes quite a bit “optimistic” if you will, and I find that quite a few JDM sticks often fish 1/2-1 power rating lighter than their designations. This is especially true with the Black Raven SS and I feel that it actuality fishes more towards a Med-powered rod with a ML tip section. Truly versatile, yet powerful, and I’ve landed fish up to 6+ lbs on it without feeling like I was overpowered one bit. Absolutely love this rod as well. As stated...I own quite a few ST rods, and still have others I need to spend more time with, and will do so in the near future.

As for the Rapid Gunner...I opted for the RSR as I knew I’d be using/testing it for bottom contact duties. The HD model is lined with all double-foot guides, and for more of a “tip up” presentation such as jig fishing, I’d rather have the lighter, single foot Torzites lining the upper part of the blank than the heavier double foot guides. Just personal preference, IMO. If I was planning to pitch/fish heavy cover with it, I’d most likely have chosen the HD version. My time with the RSR is limited, but I like what I’m getting from it thus far. EG is starting to add some great options to their top tier line. I own over a dozen TKICs/RS/RSRs and have been very happy with their build quality/performance.

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:38 am

goldrod wrote:Each time I open this thread I have the same gratifying release of endorphins
You have opened a door to a new deminsion and I’ve been reading on these rods. So much so that
I didn’t hear the wife say good night because I was in bed with my phone looking at this stuff.
needless to say no kiss goodnight but I figure I’ll make it up by buying two sticks one for each of us.
And I’ll make sure I take good care of hers
Enjoy the hunt, sir. It’s definitely half the fun.
So many options..so little time. I am only driven by my passion for this sport, and the fine “tools” that are available to us which enhance our time on the water.

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:41 am

domthewon wrote:Awesome collection Rise. Your an inspiration to try new and hard to get equipment. I’m glad you got to take your Sedition’s out. I have the same feelings towards the Hooligan. I feel it has excellent clarity in reading the bottom. It’s a deep and has a more hollow tone when bouncing tungsten on rocks. I tried mine with a 1/2 jig, but need more time to see how I really like it. I think next time I take it out it’s gonna have braid and a hollow body frog on it. It is able to work them very well and Definitely has the backbone and the taper might be right for it.
Appreciate the kind words. Curious to hear your thoughts on how it handles that frog.

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:43 am

DrPerf wrote:No need for a psychiatrist/psychologist/therapist,
yours is a passion by a true connoisseur of fishing equipment's performance and aesthetics.

Well done, amico, well done =D>

Regards,

Doc
Thank you, Doc and the rest of you guys for the kind words. Sincerely appreciated.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:22 pm

Cool looking sticks. If they do a collaboration with Loomis, I'll be first in line to buy one.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:46 am

KP Duty wrote:Cool looking sticks. If they do a collaboration with Loomis, I'll be first in line to buy one.
:lol: Loomis couldn't handle that much style.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:09 pm

KP Duty wrote:Cool looking sticks. If they do a collaboration with Loomis, I'll be first in line to buy one.