'19 Steez ct sv tw

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Post Reply
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4393
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:04 pm

abbor wrote:This must be an ideal candidate to tune for lures 1/16 and less. Any Air style or even lower weight tuning spools available yet?
Not yet, but that might change. Only thing is, this Alphas CT/Steez CT spool is narrower than any other Daiwa spool. Might be problematic for the Chinese mfgr's to replicate, because all the other Daiwa spools all match and share a common width. It really depends on the CNC machine and it's individual limitations.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

User avatar
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2004
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Michigan (U.P)

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:12 pm

abbor wrote:This must be an ideal candidate to tune for lures 1/16 and less. Any Air style or even lower weight tuning spools available yet?
Nothing at 30mm yet. There may be hope in the future, as there have been aftermarket spools introduced for 32mm spools (SS AIR, T3 AIR, SV Light)
@hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Pastrmka
Angler
Angler
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Pastrmka » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:39 pm

Short review, I've received mine but didn't fish with it (its 20 degrees outside). Reel is very well made, with tight/solid retrieve, for comparison I have SV Light which is a bit looser feeling when cranking. I did some casting in basement with wacky rigged weightless 5.8 inch flick shake (around 5 grams) and you can really sling it, even more than with sv light. I'm able to hit opposite wall of basement, around 30 feet which is not bad considering basement ceiling is 6'10" tall so lure is flying in straight line. Anyway, can't wait to really test it once weather allows.

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 5502
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:04 pm

Pastrmka wrote:Short review, I've received mine but didn't fish with it (its 20 degrees outside). Reel is very well made, with tight/solid retrieve, for comparison I have SV Light which is a bit looser feeling when cranking. I did some casting in basement with wacky rigged weightless 5.8 inch flick shake (around 5 grams) and you can really sling it, even more than with sv light. I'm able to hit opposite wall of basement, around 30 feet which is not bad considering basement ceiling is 6'10" tall so lure is flying in straight line. Anyway, can't wait to really test it once weather allows.
Nothing like some basement casting!

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:53 pm

Are these available in the states yet?

User avatar
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2004
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Michigan (U.P)

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:57 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:Are these available in the states yet?
Not yet, I imagine they will be a Bassmaster Classic release. I hope Daiwa doesn't wait until ICAST.
@hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1795
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:11 pm

I bet money with the tech today, we will see spools for just about any reel that comes out (assuming there is the potential to make money). Thing is, these new higher end Daiwa spools will eventually reach a pinnacle, right??? I mean as it stands now, you really don't get much better than the ZPI M/PG or G1 1012 SV, for general purpose fishing that is. I figure BFS options will appear more as its popularity increases, but I have hesitated spending $100-140 on a spool because my current Steez A/Zillion SV TW spool gives me about all I would ever need. I really think I could have that reel/spool combo for every rod with just a few different ratios and never need improvement again (I know how that works though, already eyeing new stuff).

User avatar
daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:39 pm
Location: Bluefield West (by god) Virginia

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by daiwafan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:30 am

The Steez CT will be released at the Expo at the Bassmaster Classic according to my sources. I did not ask about the Alphas CT or if there would be any other new additions. I would hope that they come out with a Tatula 100 with a SV spool at some point. I like the ergonomics better and already have two ZPI spools that would work as long as they keep the size the same as the Tatula SV.

User avatar
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2004
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Michigan (U.P)

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:58 am

DirtyD64 wrote:I bet money with the tech today, we will see spools for just about any reel that comes out (assuming there is the potential to make money). Thing is, these new higher end Daiwa spools will eventually reach a pinnacle, right??? I mean as it stands now, you really don't get much better than the ZPI M/PG or G1 1012 SV, for general purpose fishing that is. I figure BFS options will appear more as its popularity increases, but I have hesitated spending $100-140 on a spool because my current Steez A/Zillion SV TW spool gives me about all I would ever need. I really think I could have that reel/spool combo for every rod with just a few different ratios and never need improvement again (I know how that works though, already eyeing new stuff).
I tell myself that every year but...I then list 2 Steez SV TW for sale to fund new toys :doh:
@hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4185
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by bronzefly » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:28 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:Are these available in the states yet?
Not yet, I imagine they will be a Bassmaster Classic release. I hope Daiwa doesn't wait until ICAST.
Daiwa tells us that we will have them for the Bassmaster Classic. The Tackle Trap will be there, set up at booth 518 in the main expo hall!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:48 am

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by j2015 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:22 pm

This reel makes me wish I didn’t sell my megabass rattle viper type f

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 990
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Belleville, Illinois

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by pharmboy2010 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:34 pm

Well, it's officially up on TW. $700!!! :shock:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_S ... -DSCS.html

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:47 pm

pharmboy2010 wrote:Well, it's officially up on TW. $700!!! :shock:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_S ... -DSCS.html
:-s
I don't usually mind spending a few bucks on high end gear but some times I feel like these prices are a bit much...

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 5502
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:04 pm

pharmboy2010 wrote:Well, it's officially up on TW. $700!!! :shock:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_S ... -DSCS.html
I tried to tell you guys

Aquaftm45
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Aquaftm45 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:23 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
pharmboy2010 wrote:Well, it's officially up on TW. $700!!! :shock:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_S ... -DSCS.html
I tried to tell you guys
I'm glad you were right and I was wrong =D>

Post Reply