I Got GOT !!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

I Got GOT !!

Post by goldrod » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:40 am

finally deciding to share

This was in the USA. Not on foreign soil but here
I was looking for something and I got a pm saying I know someone who has what you’re looking for. I said okay and then that person and i started corresponding. I sent the money we agreed on and til this day never got the item

I knew something was off after I sent the money the price changed and then the person said they were in route to the post office or was at the post office but forgot their wallet and needed me to send them money for shipping. That was the biggest red flag because how can you spend money that you don’t have even if I sent it.

It really pissed me off but I was like I messed up cause I sent it FF
And i didn’t have the phone number just a google voice number
And after asking their name after the sale I never got it.
It’s been three months almost and I’m not hurting for that money I’m just thankful I didn’t send more.
Taught me a lesson though

Hope it helps someone else
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: I Got GOT !!

Post by DarkShadow » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:30 pm

I work in an industry that gives me a live look in at the litany of online scams that people can encounter. It ranges as simple as goods being sold that are never delivered, to more sophisticated high level scams that require a lot of logistics and planning.

It sucks there are those who would put the time and effort to scam someone, but won't put in the time and effort to be a good human being.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:41 pm

DarkShadow wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:30 pm
I work in an industry that gives me a live look in at the litany of online scams that people can encounter. It ranges as simple as goods being sold that are never delivered, to more sophisticated high level scams that require a lot of logistics and planning.

It sucks there are those who would put the time and effort to scam someone, but won't put in the time and effort to be a good human being.
i was reflecting on my experience and reading your reply. i agree with you 100%..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:32 pm

Damn J, sorry to hear of this man...I never do business without a phone number I can text to, a name, pics of the item with written details I ask for on a piece of paper next to the item...such as today's written date.

Life lessons of how to avoid and block the scumbag thieves of this world.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:56 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:32 pm
Damn J, sorry to hear of this man...I never do business without a phone number I can text to, a name, pics of the item with written details I ask for on a piece of paper next to the item...such as today's written date.

Life lessons of how to avoid and block the scumbag thieves of this world.
Yeah man I got bit and I couldn’t believe it
I was mad but I’m not angry about it anymore cause I know that whoever did it will one day have to answer for it. I can’t allow myself to be upset about it forever but I will do better next time.
It was weird cause I had so much going on around me that I needed to focus one that I lost sight of the red flags that probably were there
Sad thing is in today’s world people are getting more and more bold stealing packages off the porch of other people. A guy I know real well found an open package in the middle of the street with make up in it and a few other bits. I guess the person who took it skin didn’t agree with the foundation. 😂

Be safe guys and you know during the holidays scammers are practicing their art in high numbers

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:16 pm

LMAO...yeah I guess that would ruin the whole stolen-make-up-purpose-thang?!?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Nektarios
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Nektarios » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:31 pm

How did you pay? Any way to claw the money back? That really suck.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:07 pm

Nektarios wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:31 pm
How did you pay? Any way to claw the money back? That really suck.
Unfortunately not and I didn’t waste more energy over the amount
I didn’t heed caution so I am as much at fault many would say
I choose to spread the word for others so you don’t fall victim
Still there are honorable humans in the world just not all.

Nektarios
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Nektarios » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:11 pm

Sucks, glad you have a positive outlook. I believe that good things come to good people. Keep your head up and more good people will be around you.

Crappie Pro Wannabe
Angler
Angler

Post by Crappie Pro Wannabe » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:35 am

I'm in the same boat with a well-established member here. The person had a rod for sale on the classified board we agreed on a price, money was sent (yada yada yada) 7 months later no rod.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:59 pm

Crappie Pro Wannabe wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:35 am
I'm in the same boat with a well-established member here. The person had a rod for sale on the classified board we agreed on a price, money was sent (yada yada yada) 7 months later no rod.
WOW, I just read your posts on the Classified User Feedback.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:02 am

Hang tight...you have some help coming.

Crappie Pro Wannabe
Angler
Angler

Post by Crappie Pro Wannabe » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:47 am

dragon1 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:02 am
Hang tight...you have some help coming.
Thank you!