**The Movie Jaws**

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

**The Movie Jaws**

Post by Cristo » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:55 pm

Watching it now and thinking good Lord how many times have I seen this movie and why I still like watching it :lol: one of the few movies left that can hold my attention anymore as I've gotten older, so weird.

Anyway my question to you all how many times have you seen this movie?

I have lost count myself :-k

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: **The Movie Jaws**

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:29 pm

Oh, about FIFTY. I was lucky enough as a child to see it in theater when it came out, things were so different then. A massive theater, not the subcompact rooms they use now to offer dribble. Back then movies were a big event, half the folks dressed up, people smoking everywhere, ash trays on every seat, and it was sold out. I’m talking 500+ heads in this place, just one giant screen. Our seats were junk, to the left, I recall 3 or 4 rows from front. I also recall a lady seated directly in front of my brother seated next to me. When the chumming scene arrived, she jumped so hard her near full soda flew in the air and landing on my brothers head.
PEACE

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:28 pm

One of the first of the big summer blockbusters. I too saw it when it first came out in ‘75. What an impact that movie had on swimming for me as a kid. The sound of the water when the woman in the opening scene getting pulled underwater sounded so much like it sounds when you’re just putzing around in a lake or pool.

I still think that truck that Brody drove in the movie is really cool!

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:10 pm

I love all the mayor's obnoxious suits. 8-)

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:23 am

But were they obnoxious in 1975? 8-)

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:28 am

Still great, even after all these years. I saw it for the first time around '79, so 6 ytlrs old or so. It scared the crap out of me! I didn't swim in the ocean until I was a teenager.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:56 am

Maybe 10 times as a kid. Not since.

My brother and his friends had rented the movie, VHS. I joined in, found a spot on the floor, lying on my belly, head in pillow for most of the movie. Traumatized. Disliked swimming in the ocean for many years.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:50 am

Never saw the movie from beginning to end. One of the historical incidents it was based on, the 1916(?) shark attacks in Matawan, NJ happened about 20 minutes from where I grew up. I fished the pond that was one of the tributaries to the creek.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:03 pm

Robert Shaw is a quote machine. I freaked as a kid on how real on the gore and what not seemed. The first remains examined, the leg falling to the bottom, and Shaw again getting 86ed his screams are nuts, blew my mind! I was definitely not the most trusting when I first started hitting the beaches.