Camera Monitoring Systems

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Camera Monitoring Systems

Post by goldrod » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 am

Of all I’ve found Ring, Vivint, Adt were most popular.
There maybe some others ( Maybe someone can add them) but I’m trying to figure out the best and most cost effective systems. I’m a complete stone when it comes to what resolution is good better best and I feel like the sales person is out for blood and I’ve already have 10,000 cuts.

For those of you who have any system could you please expound on your experiences ? I feel like I’ve been backed into a corner and there have to be a bette way.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Camera Monitoring Systems

Post by goldrod » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:00 am

Obtw

I saw some systems on Amazon but from reading through the reviews many of the cameras fail and it’s recommended that you have some sort of service plan because

If you buy a package for say $400
And a camera fails after the standard warranty you have to replace the camera out of pocket. Or maybe after a while it becomes unsupported and that Maybe the planned obsolescence that I’ve been reading about with different consumer products but it sucks the life out of ones pocket
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:16 pm

Wireless or wired?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:19 pm

Slazmo wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:16 pm
Wireless or wired?
Either
From what I’ve been reading wired is best especially if building a home
But that’s not my situation.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:04 pm

I pulled a Swann 8 channel camera system through our existing house with the help of my father in-law and two lengths of yellow tongue straps (electrical snake) and used one camera extention cable for my place which is 12m x 25m long (weird 30m x 17m block). My roof truss system is an Russian epileptic gymnastics team dream, to softly mention how hard it is to go up there and pull it through manually. We just knocked back a couple roof tiles and pushed and guided the snake with a boat docking pole - then to the point in the wall where it goes through and inside via a air conditioner cover (long 2 piece thing to conceal the 8 cables).
IMG_20210710_094520.jpg
Swan Monitor system
IMG_20210710_094520.jpg (32.88 KiB) Viewed 4179 times
IMG_20210710_094547.jpg
Swan App
IMG_20210710_094547.jpg (80.58 KiB) Viewed 4179 times
I chose wired as I could run a UPS system which allows 4 days backup if the power cuts out. And let me tell you it works. The system is only the 2k but you get good definitions in both day and night.

I chose wired again over battery as its always working and won't quit out and no need to loose camera's for however long it takes to charge also.

The system can also be tapped into by a security company for monitoring, for sake of it we go away we can have it monitored by someone even the in-laws. I tap into it while I'm at work as I get emails for motion, handy if I get parcels left at the front door etc.

And it's worked wonders, happy not to have people walk around the house at night... Our block is really exposed as we're in the motions of getting the whole backyard fixed and refilled, then front levelled off and a full fence around the property.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:55 am

Slazmo wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:04 pm
I pulled a Swann 8 channel camera system through our existing house with the help of my father in-law and two lengths of yellow tongue straps (electrical snake) and used one camera extention cable for my place which is 12m x 25m long (weird 30m x 17m block). My roof truss system is an Russian epileptic gymnastics team dream, to softly mention how hard it is to go up there and pull it through manually. We just knocked back a couple roof tiles and pushed and guided the snake with a boat docking pole - then to the point in the wall where it goes through and inside via a air conditioner cover (long 2 piece thing to conceal the 8 cables).

IMG_20210710_094520.jpg
IMG_20210710_094547.jpg

I chose wired as I could run a UPS system which allows 4 days backup if the power cuts out. And let me tell you it works. The system is only the 2k but you get good definitions in both day and night.

I chose wired again over battery as its always working and won't quit out and no need to loose camera's for however long it takes to charge also.

The system can also be tapped into by a security company for monitoring, for sake of it we go away we can have it monitored by someone even the in-laws. I tap into it while I'm at work as I get emails for motion, handy if I get parcels left at the front door etc.

And it's worked wonders, happy not to have people walk around the house at night... Our block is really exposed as we're in the motions of getting the whole backyard fixed and refilled, then front levelled off and a full fence around the property.

Thank You Friend. You have given us much to consider especially since my ambitions can often exceed my talent.
I love what you have done and how you've done it. Ive already started to research the how to and my wife and I
have began conversations about different options. I love options.. Im the guy who wants to know the name of all
the available sauces at any BBQ spot.. Thank you for the detailed pictures and explanation.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:09 pm

No one gets out of this ticket alive so helps to help one another for greater success, your welcome.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:19 am

A little late seeing this however if you are still in the market I installed a Lorex wifi system earlier this year that works well and doesn't require a monthly subscription. Feel free to PM if you want to learn more about it :D