Pucker Factor 1000

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Pucker Factor 1000

Post by goldrod » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:29 pm

I was feeling really good about myself. I had three $50 bills in my wallet for a little bit. I don’t normally carry cash but this little experiment really felt good. I took a trip to a junkyard for some parts and it came out to be $130.
I installed one of the parts which was a good for my truck. It just wouldn’t fit and upon further inspection I saw rust which made me a little ticked. After wrestling with this hood I was like I’ll take it back even though I had already sanded and painted it. On the way to the junkyard that darn hood popped up and came back against the windshield. I was in the middle lane on the interstate and for about what seemed like five minutes I was driving 55mph blind as a bat and a big rig was coming up my six. Cars were incredibly inconsiderate and I couldn’t find the shoulder.
Thank God there was no lose of life or any accident and I miraculously found the off ramp median.
The hood was useless and I couldn’t get my money back no matter what because I didn’t BUY the protection plan¿¿!
I’m been in some hairy situations but when your driving down the interstate and your hood folds backwards has got to be the hairiest situation ever.

Needless to say
I got another hood but had to pay and if there is a bright side to my wallet it’s that I’ve found a dealer in parts that I need for a reasonable price
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Pucker Factor 1000

Post by Johnny A » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Glad to see you pulled through this one!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:20 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:57 pm
Glad to see you pulled through this one!
Yeah man me too
Kinda pissed at myself but I’m alive and lessoned learned
Even if I got the protection plan I would only be able to exchange parts even get some of my money back. Without the plan I get a inshop credit.
But why do I need to give them money to get some of my money.

Like earlier went got a meal from my favorite restaurant
Now they will bring it to my car but I have to give them my bank card number and security code over the phone.
So I attempted to point out that isn’t you bringing me my food the same as me giving you my card at the door? Maybe I’m just irrational or irritated and not seeing this clearly but I didn’t feel comfortable with just giving all that information over the phone.

Anyways I’m blessed and fortunate to be amongst the living
And I know God had to be on watch when I was on that interstate.
I’m thankful for life and that no one else got hurt. I said this only happens on YouTube but today it happened to me.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Oh my gosh buddy! As said, glad to hear you're OK

On a lighter note, you experienced a Tommy Boy.

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nctrucker » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:00 am

stuff happens. i had a hood pop up as well. i was on a side road maybe 35-45. safe outcome. bent corner of hood. thankful all was well as with you.