Using a brand name when describing another brand

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Using a brand name when describing another brand

Post by tditox4 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:01 am

I'm sitting at home ,off work, wife is working, older son with girlfriend in Sudbury, younger son lives in Ottawa for the last 5 years ,I am watching fishing shows, ifishigan , actually . The show is sponsored by Strike King. The host is wearing a Strike King logo jacket and was fishing a wacky rigged Ocho. Later in the show he said the fish really took that SENKO good. Oviously a slip of the lip. I was trying to think of any other type of baits besides SENKO , that fisher people use a genericword ( instead of saying stick worm or another word ) I can not think of any besides the SENKO. Can anyone think of one? ......Man, I have too much time on my hands at the moment :doh: :doh: :doh:

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Using a brand name when describing another brand

Post by mark poulson » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:21 am

I totally understand your "too much time on my hands" deal.
My youngest went to school for a year in Toronto, and, even though I was living in SoCal at the time, I got cold just looking at her pictures of winter there.
When you have to build covered pathways from one building to another, so you can avoid the snow, and the air temps. get below zero Fahrenheit, and that is in the southern tip of Ontario, I can only imagine what conditions must be like up north!

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:42 am

I think chatterbait comes in at #2. Generic term is bladed swim jig.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:18 am

I say rat-l-trap when Im throwing any lipless crank and fisherman passing by asks what Im using.

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:20 pm

mark poulson wrote:I totally understand your "too much time on my hands" deal.
My youngest went to school for a year in Toronto, and, even though I was living in SoCal at the time, I got cold just looking at her pictures of winter there.
When you have to build covered pathways from one building to another, so you can avoid the snow, and the air temps. get below zero Fahrenheit, and that is in the southern tip of Ontario, I can only imagine what conditions must be like up north!
COLD DUDE!....plain & simple. Come on end of June....our bass opener way up here. :crying: :| :cry: 8-[ [-(

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:38 pm

tditox4 wrote:
COLD DUDE!....plain & simple. Come on end of June....our bass opener way up here. :crying: :| :cry: 8-[ [-(
Man, I feel you pain! :(

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:49 pm

mark poulson wrote:
tditox4 wrote:
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and, the water is frozen for about 5 and a half months. Luckily for me, we have year-round catch and release for bass. Come early to mid April, the bass shoot to the shallows and are easy picking.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:25 am

ccass wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
tditox4 wrote:
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and, the water is frozen for about 5 and a half months. Luckily for me, we have year-round catch and release for bass. Come early to mid April, the bass shoot to the shallows and are easy picking.
My mom was from Detroit, and her family used to call people from your area Uppers, I think.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:06 am

mark poulson wrote:
ccass wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
tditox4 wrote:
My mom was from Detroit, and her family used to call people from your area Uppers, I think.
Yooper is the correct term [-(

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:28 am

ccass wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
ccass wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
tditox4 wrote: COLD DUDE!....plain & simple. Come on end of June....our bass opener way up here. :crying: :| :cry: 8-[ [-(
Yooper is the correct term [-(
I knew how to pronounce it, but, clearly, not how to spell it. :lol:

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:55 pm

Calling all cigar style walk-the-dog baits a spook

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler