Fishing rods

Tack22
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Fishing rods

Post by Tack22 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi! I've been looking at this product:

I also found some DIY fishing rod holders on Youtube using pipes just like this:

Anyone here who has some truck accessories on their truck that can be used for fishing trips? I'm open for other recommendations.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Fishing rods

Post by adam lancia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:33 am

I personally wouldn't want to be transporting my rods that way. I've been wanting to find some really long Rubbermaid containers (like ones to store wrapping paper in) then modify them to securely hold a bunch of rods. I was thinking that I could epoxy cut up pool noodles to the bottom to keep them separated. I'd also have to find a way to join two containers to accept an 8' rod.

Like most project ideas, this one has yet to receive approval from the finances officer lol...

fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishballer06 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:01 am

Want it look like a hick? Drive around with your rods sticking straight up out of your truck bed.

Want to see how easy it is to break a rod? Drive around with your rods sticking straight up out of your truck bed. Low flying birds, large bugs, rocks/salt being thrown up off of tires, etc. are bound to happen.

Diegos
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Diegos » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:54 pm

Tack22 wrote:Hi! I've been looking at this product:

I also found some DIY fishing rod holders on Youtube using pipes just like this:

Anyone here who has some truck accessories on their truck that can be used for fishing trips? I'm open for other recommendations.
Where did you get these truck accessories?

bpettus2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bpettus2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:29 pm

I also wouldn’t want mine like this to much stress on the reel seats area .