**First go a brisket on the weber**

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: **First go a brisket on the weber**

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:33 pm

Right on Cristo and thanks man! I am Weber grilling guy myself. Have successfully done pork butts and the like both bone in and boneless with great results. After some experimenting I also have figured out how to do what I would consider the perfect hot wing. I will also do jalapeno poppers, stuffed bell peppers, and armadillo eggs. Currently I am still working on turkey, ribs, and brisket as I would like to get these down to a science as well.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:54 am

I have a feeling I may be spilling the BBQ Beans here, but AmazingRibs.com is the TT of the BBQ world. I can honestly say every success I've had on charcoal grills started from this site. You won't hear much about it around the water cooler, because who likes to give up the secrets that had people swooning over their food on the weekend?
Set hard and set often

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:22 pm

That's super cool Gents I like to hear it success stories regardless especially when it comes to cooking and fishing. I will definitely have to try the pork butt as well as some of those other items that you listed they sound wonderful only question is what the hell is an armadillo egg I purposely won't look it up cuz I'd like to hear :lol:

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Cristo wrote:That's super cool Gents I like to hear it success stories regardless especially when it comes to cooking and fishing. I will definitely have to try the pork butt as well as some of those other items that you listed they sound wonderful only question is what the hell is an armadillo egg I purposely won't look it up cuz I'd like to hear :lol:
If you are big into grilling/smoking check out the BBQ Pit Boys channel on YouTube. It has over 500 vids on all takes on BBQ variations. Many of the things I try start there and then I may add my own twist on it.

The Armadillo egg gets its name from the shape it takes on when it is made. What you want to do is start out with fresh jalapeno peppers. Next you want to core them or hollow them out if you will. Using your favorite cheese stuff the peppers with cheese. I like cheddar and crème cheese. Then in a mixing bowl you need to make the meat mixture. I like a combination of ground sausage and hamburger. You can season the mixture how you like but usually garlic and pepper. Next you want to grab about the amount you would if you were making a hamburger patty. Flattten that sucker on a cutting board and then take the cheese stuffed pepper and cover the pepper in the meat mixture like a casing so no part of the pepper is exposed. Once the mixture is adequately around the mixture I like to hit the 'egg' with a dry rub. Anything you would use on a pork butt or ribs is good. Then you can cook it for a bit on the grill indirectly. I like to add wood chips and smoke it. The last 10 minutes of the cook I will often take a honey bbq sauce and put a light coat on it. That is about it. It is basically a fancy manly smoke/grilled meatball with a bbq twist. \:D/

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:38 am

ImageImage

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:52 pm

BucketHunter wrote:I have a feeling I may be spilling the BBQ Beans here, but AmazingRibs.com is the TT of the BBQ world. I can honestly say every success I've had on charcoal grills started from this site. You won't hear much about it around the water cooler, because who likes to give up the secrets that had people swooning over their food on the weekend?
Yea, AmazingRibs is a great site and they really do a good job of explaining the "why" in addition to the "how". Their pork rub recipe is outstanding, I never would have thought to use powdered ginger, but find myself reaching for it all the time now for most anything I smoke.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Those Armadillo Eggs look amazing! I just enjoyed a long, slowly smoked pork shoulder on the trusty old BGE. I can appreciate all the work that goes into smoking on the Weber however, nice work guys =D>

image uploader
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Nice work Gary! That looks quite tasty 8-)

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Outstanding Gary!!