Kidney stones!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Kidney stones!

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:06 pm

Well guys, I have been to the emergency room 3 times with this horrible condition sinceFriday evening. This last time they kept me, say in ghtay a 3rd stone he obstructed the ureter while trying to exit my kidney. This required surgery earlier today to install a stint. While painful when I urinate, it isn't even on the same planet when compared with the pain of trying to pass a stone. Up until the surgery, i hadnt eaten or drank anything in 3.5 days. I couldn't even keep down waster, much less the pain meds they have me. But I'm on the far side of it now, and will hopefully go home tomorrow. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

darrin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Kidney stones!

Post by darrin » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:36 pm

So sorry to hear that! I had a stone earlier this year. May 23rd at 8:00 am to be exact. Once you get a kidney stone, you will never forget it. I had to live with it for 5 days before my surgery. I know a guy who told me that he was shot during the Korean War. He said the kidney stone was worse lol. You'll start to feel better now. I had the stent for 5 days. Then you get to remove it. My doctor told me I could remove it myself. So on the fifth morning, I went to the shower, took a deep breath and pulled that sucker out! I thought maybe I could record this and then post it to youtube! But I thought better of it. Here was the worst part. The urologist says it should only take a few seconds to remove it. So I start the process and count to 5. Now remember, you don't actually feel it coming out, but there is a strange sensation. Anyhow, after 5 quick seconds, I look down and damn, it's still inside! The strangest thing I've ever seen and I work in the medical field. I guess when something is sticking out of your own body it looks worse. But looking back, it's all good now. I have the stone and the stent sitting in my library like a trophy. Don't forget to drink lots of water. Dehydration is a leading cause. Think "drink at least 3 bottles of water daily" and watch those green leafy veges. Take care and you'll be on the water in no time. Happy New Year!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:25 pm

Sorry to hear that man. Definitely in my prayers!
I've never had to deal with them but I've had guys that have told me about them and the pain they experienced. Water Water Water drink plenty of it buddy.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:20 pm

Hang in there! Sorry to hear about your health challenges.
In the meantime the yen is dropping, and I heard that nice shiny new tackle helps with the pain. ;)
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:38 pm

Sheesh! I'm sure you'll pull through just fine but the process is hell I'm sure.

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:41 pm

Sorry to hear, and hope you feel better.

I've only saw my Dad cry twice growing up - when his Mom passed and kidney stones.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:43 pm

Sorry to hear that, hope you're better.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:00 pm

Wow, that kinda puts fishing in perspective. Feel better soon.

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:52 pm

I certainly wish you the best, man. I hope you recover soon.

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:00 am

I've heard they're the worst. Hope and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:34 am

Feel better man :(
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:51 am

Sorry to hear, get well soon!
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:59 am

Best wishes for a speedy recovery ...

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:32 am

Kidney Stones run in my family. I have seen a lot of pain caused from these and fear when my day comes. I agree with Zodiak, I think some new shiny tackle could help ease the pain. Best wishes on a speedy recovery!

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:09 am

One of the funniest "you might be a redneck" Jeff Foxworthy bits is when he compares passing a kidney stone to having a baby.
He points out that women who go through child birth frequently decide to have another child, but no one who passes a kidney stone has ever volunteered to do it again! :lol: