Foul Weather Gear - Simms, Gill, Cabelas Guidewear or what?

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Foul Weather Gear - Simms, Gill, Cabelas Guidewear or what?

Post by slime king » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:33 am

SIMMS Pro Dry suit. never been wet in 5 years of wearing it. Great company with great customer service to stand behind their product.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:29 pm

Frabill F3 Jacket
3 seasons of winter steelhead fishing which entails crawling through blackberries, making trails through the brush, best cuffs of ANY raingear, 10 hours in the heavy rain and stay completely dry. I wear waders so cannot attest to their bibs. The amazing part is it still looks nearly new and shows zero signs of wear.

Cold, miserable weather in the boat- Stormr Strykr. Great stuff but too warm for beating the brush all day. Pants and jackets both high quality, stay warm and dry all day gear.

Spend the $ for the right gear and it makes the worst weather very easy to tolerate!
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

robchik04
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by robchik04 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:59 am

I've got a Frogg Toggs Pilot suit. At 250 ish total, it's a very nice suit. It's a few years old, and I've used in steady rain all day and have walked away mostly dry. A little leakage around my knees when kneeling and culling fish, but overall a great buy.
robchik.com

bpettus2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bpettus2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:13 pm

I have never been disappointed by any of the Simms products. They are pricey, but top quality stuff. +1