Re: Help California

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:29 am

:evil22:

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:27 am

I don't kniw much about it but I know all the dams and hydroelectric crap they build probably does more harm to the native fish than bass do.

I live in Michigan and we have bass and trout living together. Never do the bass greatly affect the numbers of trout on an inland lake or river. I think its anglers who keep every trout or salmon that do more harm than other fish. People throw back bass and keep every trout they catch. If you dig into some trail mix and eat everything besides the raisins, you will only have raisins left after a while.

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:47 am

Interesting and accurate analogy... We've got plenty of Bass/Trout lakes all around us as well. No telling the true purpose when it comes to .gov, they only think they know the answer anyway, but once again look to rob Peter to pay Paul. In this State it's always about water rights, or rather water grabs from growers and municipalities. None of them care about us. It's about money, not as in profit but as in political 'donation' to support cause. We were lied to and coerced into approving this stupid tunnel to send more and more down South, but that won't happen once the lawsuits work their way through the court system, in particular when it comes to providing for threatened species. The States answer? Kill everything else. Most know of our States grand plan to run nets and kill off I think I recall 300 Seals at the mouth of the Golden Gate annually. And they've done so in interest of 'protecting' threatened species if you can believe that.

Some schmuck got it in their mind somewhere that anglers don't care. Or more accurately, that we peace loving outdoor folk won't stand up and fight. I've reached out to a couple other venues, but since TT rules all I've chosen to make a stand here. I've come to realize this forum is educated well, all things considered, and offers a degree of passion not found elsewhere. You cats, all of you, are cool in my book.

You, ccass and zodiak311, have found a special place being the only other members to quip in. It means something to me and our aquatic friends. I've been a little surprised many haven't sounded off on the topic, to be honest. This type of State stiff arm is unconscionable. Fortunately, many hands make light work. These bureaucratic wannabes won't know which end is up if we hit hard. Doesn't matter where you're from or where you live, only takes a minute to sound your contempt, and we're all in this together.

Peace all.

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:32 am

If only there were a means to refresh this to the top... Sorry to lay it on so thick, folks. We need your help.

https://secure2.convio.net/asaf/site/Ad ... 65797602c8

:barf:

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:16 am

Yup. No means to refresh other than relist almost makes me feel like a douche...

But, since I'm so sugar sweet and fresh that'll never happen. :lol22:

One UP!!!

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:46 am

Hate to see this happening in freshwater now as well. I realize these are two different things but they are both taking away from our passion as outdoorsmen. This has been a real fight here on the Gulf Coast for years concerning red snapper regulations. They keep taking away from the recreational anglers and give those fish to the commercial guys while saying the snapper are overfished. Makes absolutely no sense, and always comes back to follow the money. The rec. anglers don't have the money to fight something like this so now they are taking away our grouper, amberjack, triggerfish etc. etc. Sad state of affairs we are in right now. Thanks for bringing this up. I hope something changes in the near future because this is ridiculous.

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:27 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:Hate to see this happening in freshwater now as well. I realize these are two different things but they are both taking away from our passion as outdoorsmen. This has been a real fight here on the Gulf Coast for years concerning red snapper regulations. They keep taking away from the recreational anglers and give those fish to the commercial guys while saying the snapper are overfished. Makes absolutely no sense, and always comes back to follow the money. The rec. anglers don't have the money to fight something like this so now they are taking away our grouper, amberjack, triggerfish etc. etc. Sad state of affairs we are in right now. Thanks for bringing this up. I hope something changes in the near future because this is ridiculous.
Thank you, addict. The fact you care just made my day. Best wishes.