Lets see some Blades

jeb
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Lets see some Blades

Post by jeb » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:40 am

Went to the A.G. Russel knife show here in Rogers, AR last weekend. They held it at the local convetion center. Lots of big name custom knife makers where there, like Bob Loveless. Lots of factory folks, too. Some incredible knifes to look at. The only one I really fell in love with was a custom folder with a Loveless drop point hunter design. Lots of intricate tooling, stag handles. But I just could not put out $2900 for another gun safe queen, so we walked away.

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:28 am

stress-what happens between fishing trips

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:18 pm

jeb wrote:Went to the A.G. Russel knife show here in Rogers, AR last weekend. They held it at the local convetion center. Lots of big name custom knife makers where there, like Bob Loveless. Lots of factory folks, too. Some incredible knifes to look at. The only one I really fell in love with was a custom folder with a Loveless drop point hunter design. Lots of intricate tooling, stag handles. But I just could not put out $2900 for another gun safe queen, so we walked away.
I don't blame you for walking,I haven't been buying much in the way of blades lately either,really..spending too much on fishing stuff really,and crap for my son that he doesn't really need :strface: But,as I imagine you already know,as it seems you have a bit of blade knowledge,there really is no better investment I know of,compared to quality blades.Got to know what you are buying,but if you do (and if you can bear to part with them later)good pieces always return a nice profit;provided of course that they are kept in pristine condition,as it is with any collectible..

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:29 pm

cjtoad wrote:Nice blades rifle. As for what knives I carry, a knife is the least destructive thing I've got in my pockets. NH live free or die
Thanks bro,I do appreciate that-I definitely have a bit of an affliction for steel. :D
And I definitely hear you about pocket items...although I don't always keep heat,I do always keep a nice blade and some thick Lexan knucks handy...old bouncing habits die hard..and the pistola is usually in the ride anyhow ;)
Can't imagine not having the freedom to decide for myself what I'd like to own or not...thank God we live in the only country in the world that has an amendment dedicated to preserving our right to arms as a last ditch measure against tyranny... 8-) I reckon if you've never really had freedom though,you might not be able to appreciate just how sweet it is...
“They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power.”
― Patrick Henry
and of course this one from the great Va. statesman
“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”
― Patrick Henry
IMO,words as relevant today as when first spoken ages ago..

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:37 pm

ecu daniel 14 wrote:Image
OH DAYUM ECU,I see that is from the Onieda Tactical Flatware collection...lmao I take it you are not a big blade guy...emphasis on "blade" there,as the very definition of the word implies a sharp edge...was pretty funny stuff tho ;)
Think about em like this-each pic essentially a MB reel...many even being LIN 10's...a few even being a big pile of LIN 10's.... :D

Bryanp292
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bryanp292 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:55 pm

I don't have much, just a few Bucks, Old Timers, and a Gerber that I carry with me all the time. But I did just pick this up for hunting, Fishing, camping, and anything else I can find to use it for. :lol:
photo-1.JPG
KA-BAR Black
photo-1.JPG (33.1 KiB) Viewed 13729 times

RussoG
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by RussoG » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:18 am

Awesome pictures!
Thank you for sharing. Here something I like:

**Edited by moderator**

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Katron wrote:dragon1 - Yup, .315 thick D2 baby :big grin: One of these days I should have him make me a blade with .38 stock. You should check him out on Bladeforums, he's in the hosted knifemakers section. If you end up getting a blade from him tell him Kaleb sent you.
Will do gents...

And holy schniikeeesss...some B@D@$$ blades for sure.

Being a "wielder of weapons" for several decades...I get the chills thinking about how some of these works of art and combat weapons would feel in my hands!

JermDaa
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by JermDaa » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:21 pm

seeing those pictures of beautiful military knives or blade? is it true that it can break glasses like seen in games??

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:07 am

Thought I would add a few more.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:21 am

You guys have some awesome blades.
I did own a few, but nothing to fancy.
With fishing and collecting blades, it was getting to expensive so I sold most of them. I do regret it.

I've been out of it for a while now, but still navigate the websites to see what's new.

The Para-Mil was probably my favorite, but rather hard to carry here in Canada, you'd get the looks when pulling it out.
The mini-grip or Bradley (poor man's Sebenza lol) were my everyday carry.

BuckNaStY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BuckNaStY » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:24 am

Some nice stuff tell you hwhat :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EliteC
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by EliteC » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:11 am

RussoG wrote:Awesome pictures!