TT or TTF ... Which came first for you?

Which came first for you.. TackleTour or TackleTour Discussion Forum?

TackleTour.com because you review the Hottest Tackle
80%
TackleTour Forums, I didn't even know about the review site
16%
Wait, what are you talking about? You do reviews?
4%

Total votes: 191

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: TT or TTF ... Which came first for you?

Post by papabassin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:37 pm

TT

scrapiron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by scrapiron » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:02 pm

TT

Warhawk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Warhawk » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Found a TT review through the TW site. The review site became a go to, then discovered the forums.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 am

TT came first for me.

Way back in the day, there was a monthly publication I used to get called Tackle Tester.
I was 16 or so and with the 10.00 subscription they gave you a pretty decent package of California hand pours.
It wasn't quite a magazine, it was more like a 20 ish page newsletter that came complete with holes punched out to put in a binder.
I might be mistaken but eventually they changed the name and moved it on line....similar to Yamamoto's Inside Line eZine. I thought it changed to Tackle Tour.
Last edited by earthworm77 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:28 am

Forum first by biased recommendation. Reviews secondary discovered upon entry.

Also, there are a difference of opinions concerning review conclusions versus harried conclusions and the resulting down the rabbit hole recommendations veering off into off shore on both counts. Several reviews rate highly certain products while pyramid opinion operation go the other way on forum. Which conclusions are forum members to rely on? End users' unprofessional conclusions and recommendations, or the bought and paid for biases one can only wonder at presented with top down disassociative superiority???

Dobyns is a perfect example of this trend and sponsor limitations negate favoritism reality in both and create a wide schismatic void in between for a lot of us left wondering which way is best for us and our hard earned money options.

So this person is left somewhere in the middle befuddled at the site's obviously disassociative conflicting unresolved allowable polarities. So who to believe is up in the air due to this.

That said, I tend to accept the review conclusions more so, but do not spend one penny in the direction of either review conclusions or forum recommendations. I choose my own path forward irregardless of both painfully obvious polarities.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:23 pm

It had to have been the Forum. I was a member of at BFHP (now defunct) and I don't remember if it was CAL or GamblerHydra who recommended TT. I was using MB and EG rods a couple years before coming here via a write-up in Inside Line magazine.
TT was a lot different that most of the other forums. I think it's also the most recognizable from it's early phases. It's maintained
it's core while growing and staying interesting.

Impreza619
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Impreza619 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:41 pm

TT! the reviews and awesome holiday reviews...

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:06 pm

earthworm77 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 am
TT came first for me.

Way back in the day, there was a monthly publication I used to get called Tackle Tester.
I was 16 or so and with the 10.00 subscription they gave you a pretty decent package of California hand pours.
It wasn't quite a magazine, it was more like a 20 ish page newsletter that came complete with holes punched out to put in a binder.
I might be mistaken but eventually they changed the name and moved it on line....similar to Yamamoto's Inside Line eZine. I thought it changed to Tackle Tour.
TackleTour has always been TackleTour... no affiliation with the outfit you mentioned.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:35 am

Cal wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:06 pm
earthworm77 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 am
TT came first for me.

TackleTour has always been TackleTour... no affiliation with the outfit you mentioned.
And it don't cost nothing. :lol:

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:01 pm

BigG wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:35 am

And it don't cost nothing. :lol:
Yeah... what's up with that? 🤔😂😂
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Oktayne the Red
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Oktayne the Red » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Forum first. I was looking for a decent tackle forum. I'm old (ish. 50.) I like forums, hate all the other social media crap. I just like soaking up as much info as I can. I was actually looking for a community that knows the JDM lineups. Looks like I found it. Crazy rabbit hole.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:52 pm

Oktayne the Red wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:25 pm
Forum first. I was looking for a decent tackle forum. I'm old (ish. 50.) I like forums, hate all the other social media crap. I just like soaking up as much info as I can. I was actually looking for a community that knows the JDM lineups. Looks like I found it. Crazy rabbit hole.
Welcome aboard buddy. 8-)

Kimbro1014
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kimbro1014 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:42 am

I think it was the review portion of the site circa 2004ish. I lurk daily but probably have only posted 150 to 175 times, pre crash and post crash. I found Tackle Tour through the very old Bass Pro forums. Probably my all time favorite was all of Cal’s themed custom TD-Zs.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:01 pm

My recollection is that was likely both at the same session.