The new driveway

Uncle Ev
Angler
Angler

The new driveway

Post by Uncle Ev » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:39 pm

A neighbor just had a new driveway laid by an outfit that solicited business in the area. He was standing outside when a stranger came walking up the street. The stranger stopped and perused the new driveway for a long moment. Then he took a few steps on the edge and stomped his foot. He repeated it untill he got to the other side. Then the stranger squatted down and peered over the new cement from one end to the other. The neighbor asked if the man knew anything about driveways.
The man said he had been a masonery foreman for many years. The driveway owner stood tall and asked, "Well...ain't it beautiful?" The old foreman stood up slowly and looked the neighbor in the eye and dryly told him, "Well sure...if you don't know any better!" Isn't buying gear just like that? Hype is for those who don't know better. An experts eye will always tell the truth. This site is always enlightening and worthwhile to consider before making a purchase. Even you company men seem to be 'fair and balanced". Keep the faith, Ev

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: The new driveway

Post by sdesign » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:34 pm

LOL Uncle Ev,

Man.. that was wayyyyyy too deep :wink:

And here I thought you were going to have photo's of a new boat in your driveway.. :P Thanks for the eye opener :)

SD

Uncle Ev
Angler
Angler

Post by Uncle Ev » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:02 am

Deep? No way, SD
My brain just goes a little awry when I have a long string of empy casts!
Deep is the stinky stuff that litters the conversations with my fishing gang after a day on the water.
No new boat but I did buy a few new reels, a couple of new rods and a new car in the last month or so.
Thanks for the reply, E

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:13 pm

New tackle? that's even BETTER!!! let's hear about your new toys!!!! :)

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:41 pm

LOL! I had the same expectation D did when I opened the thread.

Congrats on the new gear and car though.

Dan

Shimanoman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shimanoman » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:10 am

Welcome, Uncle Ev; Your down home,pleasant,and gentle way of starting this thread makes one think that u may have been , dare I say it ,a preacher or politician in another life-(One of the good and honourable ones anyway). Looking forward to reading more of your homey homilies. BTW ,who are those " company men" about whom u speak?? Good luck with the new toys. Regards,-Shimanoman