Need a Minute of your Time

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Need a Minute of your Time

Post by davej » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:12 am

The New York DEC is proposing a watercraft fishing ban on the West Branch of the Delaware River and we need your help in stopping this. The regulation would ban fishing from any form of watercraft on the West Branch. This proposal will increase the amount of wading anglers at access points, discriminate against disabled and/or older anglers unable to wade, hurt the local economies, and create an un-fishable river at certain flows that are unsafe for wading.

Can you please send this below email to fwfish@gw.dec.state.ny.us and CC crouchc@assembly.state.ny.us; bonacic@senate.state.ny.us; grannis@assembly.state.ny.us; ndmcbrid@gw.dec.state.ny.us

Subject:Input on Possible Fishing Regulation Changes for 2008; ID # R4-5

I highly disagree with this proposal. Most of the land around the Delaware River is private. There is limited access for anglers, therefore fishing from a boat should be allowed. Older people, and people with physical disabilities who cannot navigate the rocky shoreline will suffer. In high water the only way to fish the river is from a boat. Take away the boat, and the few easily accessible high water spots will be more crowded, thus leading to more problems. This is the best wild trout stream in the East! Please regulate a consistent, adequate, coldwater release water release to accommodate both waders and floaters alike, and to protect this world-class fishery. This is more important than arguing the debate between driftboats and wade anglers.

I fish the West Branch of the Delaware River and am strongly against proposed regulation # R4LJ.

Thank You,

{Thanks Guys... I appreaciate your time in helping me on this... I would hate to lose out on catching fish like this http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... cuHLRu1YQo
Dave Jackson)