US side for early season Bass.

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

US side for early season Bass.

Post by BucketHunter » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:13 am

Good Morning guys, I have a dilemma.
In the light of an easy winter, and an exceedingly nice warming trend at the end of February, I booked holidays next week to do some spring fishing.
The last 2 weeks have been an absolute shite show, from torrential rains and overnight freezes, to high, cold and muddy water. Aside from some ill weather crappie, fishing for cats and pike has been a bust thus far. A couple of moderately mild days may give some respite in way of Detroit River walleye, but other than that, next week looks like a weather bust too.
I am aware of some US side bass fishing opportunities here in the Great Lakes, but seeing that most likely I'll be solo tripping in my Hobie, I don't know if there is viable water that is accessible in a small craft. Anyone help me out with a launch point and areas to target on the US side of St. Clair and/or Erie Niagara area via Kayak?
I am located nearly half way between Buffalo and Detroit, on the CDN side, so a couple of hour drive either way will get me day trip access without having to pay for accommodation and trying the solve the dilemma of what to do with a large kayak strapped to my roof while I sleep in a hotel.
If not, I suppose getting the freezer full of willing panfish is not the worst thing in the world, but I sure would like to put a good bend in some of my heavier setups this early April.
Thanks.
BH

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: US side for early season Bass.

Post by BucketHunter » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:33 pm

Bump?
Even just a PM with a launch point guys.
Thanks.

bemo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: US side for early season Bass.

Post by bemo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:40 pm

Pm sent