Strange day on the water

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Strange day on the water

Post by goldrod » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:08 pm

Was out on the water. Normally this place is crystal clear but today had a little tint to it.
Was catching them on j/b but after a while got tired of that and located a grass bed and I threw a worm.
IS79 12lb floro 3/16 weight semi pegged ( meaning there was a peg just above the weight but not the weight so close to the bait. )
Zoom mag 2 worm and I knew when the bites came, it was like clock work, i was literally calling my bites. So i decided to throw a bigger worm Ol Monster 20lb floro semi pegged weight zillion reel with PE spool and Nothing... I throw that set up ( my big worm rod) and nothing. I could not buy a bite. I fished it the exact same because I had a marker buoy out there and was watching my line ups. It was just weird because if i picked up the other set up, smack..!!

I was experimenting and will be going out again but these fish are confusing, I felt that they assuredly would eat the bigger worm but that didn't happen. Also while jerk bait fishing, if I worked the baits slow, nothing.. water temp was 66 degrees and i had to JERK, JERK PAUSE..

665 almostevil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Strange day on the water

Post by 665 almostevil » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:44 pm

Man that is Fishing ! Got to love it.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Strange day on the water

Post by BigG » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:19 am

Don't let a hot bait cool off. :lol: