Any So Cal fisherman here???

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
ChuyDawg
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Any So Cal fisherman here???

Post by ChuyDawg » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:39 pm

Just asking...
I know I have fished Castaic, Casitas, Perris, Machado, El Dorado Park, Irvine, Santa Ana, Corona, Anahiem, and Piru...
Just wondering what places you fish and your success there...

Reno Reeler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Any So Cal fisherman here???

Post by Reno Reeler » Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:58 pm

ChuyDawg,

Hopefully So. CA. hasn't experienced "the big one" and is now an island floating out in the pacific. Looks like there are more TT forum members from the land down under than from the So. CA.

Maybe we could get the TT staff to shed some light on the demographics, without revealing personal information of course.

corbin
Angler
Angler

Post by corbin » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:25 am

I used to live in Central Cal, but I fished Lake perris a couple times. I think i'm cursed over there. Everytime I would end up with a few dinks while my buddies would hook up lunkers 8-12lbs!

I have had success at Fulmor and Elsinore for largemouth as well as some good sized cats.

havasubass
Angler
Angler

Post by havasubass » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:34 pm

I have fished Perris as I did live there for 9 years, however the fish there are very odd. I have had a few good experiences there... however... I was in an instance where a dead body floated up nearly 150-200 yds. from where I was flipping. IT wasnt too fun. The only reason we knew what happened, was because the Coast Guard rushed up along with the County Coroner. :shock: So have fun and keep youre eyes open. Lake Havasu (Arizona) is a pretty nice lake/river if youre willing to travel a bit. If you would like to know a bit more i.e. locations, lures... email me erratik638@yahoo.com . Ive won several bass tournaments on Havasu