Which is your preferred Large Mouth Bass Finesse Technique

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Which is your preferred Large Mouth Bass Finesse Technique

Postby antoniolopez944 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:28 am

I love to throw an owner ultra ball head 3/16 oz with a keitech easyshiner or swing impact in the spring. Late spring to late fall, I love to throw a low profile jig such as a bitsy flip/kietch casting or Ike mini flipping jig in 3/8oz with a baby rage craw trailer.

DirtyD64
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Which is your preferred Large Mouth Bass Finesse Technique

Postby DirtyD64 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:28 pm

antoniolopez944 wrote:I love to throw an owner ultra ball head 3/16 oz with a keitech easyshiner or swing impact in the spring. Late spring to late fall, I love to throw a low profile jig such as a bitsy flip/kietch casting or Ike mini flipping jig in 3/8oz with a baby rage craw trailer.

I do this but with the weedless owner ball head shaky jig (3/16 ball head w/a EWG 2/0 hook). Fits a 4" Easy Shiner perfect, doesn't leave much gap for hooksets, but the lure is so soft and small you don't lose many fish. I love our river system, but even 3/8 finesse style jigs are getting big for the fish. Some of our biggest largemouth hit the tiniest baits. For now, my top three bass are on: 3.3" Keitech, 3.5" tube, and a crappie jig (accidently).

Return to “Freshwater”