Slider Fishing

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
Highhawk1948
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Slider Fishing

Post by Highhawk1948 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:32 pm

I have been using the Charlie Brewer Slider jigs and worms for about 1 1/2 years. Read his book probably 10 times over the same period. Anybody on the forum use it? I have had some success on sloping banks, points, and steeper drop-offs. people have told me it is more of a clear water bait. I fish central Florida and the water is med to heavy stained. Just curious of others use and success with this technique. A lot of fun with spinning gear and light line.

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Slider Fishing

Post by NJ Jigman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:50 am

i used to fish the small worms in fairly clear water on a split shot rig but don't much anymore. I do however, use the original spider heads in 1/16 for finesse fishing for LMB's and SMB's in clearer deep water. with a small 3-4 in minnow bait attached the bait glides and twirls as it sinks acting like a dying minnow.

emjay
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Slider Fishing

Post by emjay » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:30 am

Never used his worms, but I've had so many countless successful outings with his 3" slider. There are days of catching over 100 fish. Sometimes I'll down size with the smaller slider and catch a crappie on every cast literally as soon as the bait hits the water. The good thing about his baits is how durable they can be, 1 slider can last 10 fish easy. Largemouths, smallmouths, crappie, white bass, wipers, walleyes...you name it, I've dealt good damage to each species using the slider.