Alittle carp fun

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
Tm Customs
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Alittle carp fun

Post by Tm Customs » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Just finished editing this underwater video from a few days ago, I love catching these guys when the bass are tight lipped. Anyone else fish for them much?

http://youtu.be/CFCZRgrMyLk

rh_916
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Alittle carp fun

Post by rh_916 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Sure looks fun but then i haven't fish for carps for about 2 years now. I been wanting to use my 7'7" phenix mirage and have an good fight with them but just haven't had the time lately. Wheres that spot at anyways if you care to tell..

Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bass Junkie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:46 am

Nice! I chase carp when things slow down as well. I fish one lake that has a fairly well established population, and they are a ball on a fly rod!

takrat 67
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by takrat 67 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:19 pm

That's really nice footage mate. We get quite a few Carp in Australia, but it's illegal to put them back in the water. We toss them up on the bank and get rid of them later. The corn is a favourite bait here too, although I've caught the odd one on small crank baits. They're a bloody pest here and cause all sorts of turbidity problems in the creeks and rivers. We have a company here called Charlie Carp and he gets the fish, dreies them and grinds them up for garden fertillizer. The only good thing about 'em is that they do pull hard.
JD