Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: best topwater frogs

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:12 pm

Live target
spro
And that teckel sprinker has accounted for quite a few bass over 6lbs this season. Been throwing it quite a bit. Smallest fish was a flabby 18" bass. It's become my go to night bait.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Im a frog aficionado, and tried most, if not all the popular brands, and the one I go to the most since its debut, is the Livetarget/ Koppers frogs. Along with my MB super red demon and 50lb braid, I have not yet lost/missed a single bass (knock on wood) :D

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm

I have also had the best luck with the Live Target Koppers frog. Which is interesting because I don't like anything else live target makes and don't use any of their hard baits as to me it seems like they just try to make fancy looking baits that catch the fisherman but the action is nothing special. Their frog on the other hand walks very well, casts great, has sharp hooks and a very soft body for a great hookup rate. For me it is the best combination of everything that makes a practical fish catching frog in one bait.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:27 am

LT frogs are probably the best ones down here. I also like the Booyahs for walking. I have tried a few of the Spro Dean Rojas frogs. They are a bit tricky to walk, but they do have a helluva "bob" to them when you get them walking.
<")))><{

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Are you guys talking about this frog?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/LIVETARG ... THBFG.html

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:15 pm

The best frog I have ever used is the Evergreen International Kicker Frog. It got an "Editor's Choice" rating here at TTT. Here's the link:

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewevergre ... rfrog.html

After having lost what I think could have been my personal best LMB on a topwater frog, I went through many topwater frogs to find one that really worked. I must have found it about the same time as the guys here.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:43 pm

hungry_cow wrote:I have also had the best luck with the Live Target Koppers frog. Which is interesting because I don't like anything else live target makes and don't use any of their hard baits as to me it seems like they just try to make fancy looking baits that catch the fisherman but the action is nothing special. Their frog on the other hand walks very well, casts great, has sharp hooks and a very soft body for a great hookup rate. For me it is the best combination of everything that makes a practical fish catching frog in one bait.
Same sentiments. I dont like anything else but their frogs and field mouse. In fact, their field mouse does 20Xtimes better in getting strikes than the frog at my lakes (hands down no comparison). Just yesterday, I used the frog and threw it in the same spot 5 times (no strike), i grabbed my other heavy rod that had the mouse, threw it in the exactly same spot and landed 9lber. That Livetarget field mouse (my secret topwater weapon) has landed over 5 bass weighing over 6lbs last night (several 1-3lbers) and the day before same results. Im actually doing away with the mouse, indefinitely.

@anyrate, my brother swears on their other baits LiveTarget makes, especially their yearling bait-ball crank bait :lol:

We throw mostly in stained water and in the dark when cranking, and he's convinced the baitball painted on the side of the crankbait is what get bass to react and strike (in stained water in the dark), Lmao. yeah...whatever, BRO! :D

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:46 am

Snag proof bobby's perfect fro in cicada is hands down the best for me. I caught back to back 5 pounders. The hooks spin upside down on hookset and the bass can't leverage itself off. They also don't take on water and have a rattle.

StantonBake
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by StantonBake » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:34 am

Since this is my favorite type of fishing lure for catching bass and pike here are my recommended places for the US shipping.
https://www.overstockbait.com/
https://bestfishinglures.net/
http://www.fishingtackleoutlett.net/

hope this helps

Matt_3479
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Matt_3479 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:55 pm

Been killing it on the Jackall frogs this year. Little smaller, fish seem to inhale it a bit easier. Hooks are crazy sharp and body is super super soft. Hook up ratio had gone way up after using them

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Jackall Gavacho!! Walks better than any I’ve thrown, almost does a complete 180 turn on each twitch/walk. Walks and spits so good =D>

Nrowden27
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Nrowden27 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:28 am

Spro!!!!!!!

Reservoir
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Reservoir » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Snagproof, r2s and strike king are my favorites.

MCROUT14
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MCROUT14 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:14 am

Pro-Z has been my go to and I've used Spro, Koppers, and Booyah. Hooks turn out everytime, they make a sweet black color with a smoke/translucent belly, and they're cheaper than most! Can't beat it!

Link: https://pro-zbaits.com/product/pro-z-ba ... llow-body/