Answer to the Alabama Rig?

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
JT_NCbassman
Angler
Angler

Answer to the Alabama Rig?

Post by JT_NCbassman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:49 pm

I hate the Alabama rig, with a passion. I hate it for several reasons, that I'm not going to get into. My question is, what is the answer to the Alabama rig? When you're on a point or flat, etc. and the guy throwing the rig is catching fish, and I'm not catching a thing but I'm using the same bait. ( except I only have one bait instead of five) Do I throw MY swimbait right behind his A-rig? ( Lol ) I know if the fish are schooling, you can throw a coke can out there, but while fishing today, in 50+ degree water, in the heart of pre-spawn, the only fish that were caught were on the A-rig. I threw every Pointer I own, every shad imitator I could think of. What has bass fishing come to............... :roll:

bigreddog
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Answer to the Alabama Rig?

Post by bigreddog » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:00 am

JT_NCbassman wrote:I hate the Alabama rig, with a passion. I hate it for several reasons, that I'm not going to get into. My question is, what is the answer to the Alabama rig? When you're on a point or flat, etc. and the guy throwing the rig is catching fish, and I'm not catching a thing but I'm using the same bait. ( except I only have one bait instead of five) Do I throw MY swimbait right behind his A-rig? ( Lol ) I know if the fish are schooling, you can throw a coke can out there, but while fishing today, in 50+ degree water, in the heart of pre-spawn, the only fish that were caught were on the A-rig. I threw every Pointer I own, every shad imitator I could think of. What has bass fishing come to............... :roll:
Depends. Is your goal to catch fish, or to keep the other guy from catching fish? :whistle: :lol:

pro reel
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Answer to the Alabama Rig?

Post by pro reel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:03 am

The answer is to use whats working, even if you don't like it.