deep lake

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
tomCRO
Angler
Angler

deep lake

Post by tomCRO » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:00 am

I have some problems in one lake near my city...
In that lake wather is too deep in many positons deep up to the 20-30 meters near coastline is no to deep 3-5 meters an drop gradually in the 15-25 meters. I be happy to get advice for lures and what spin deep to catch some biges pike. there is to many big norden pike in this lake..
Last edited by tomCRO on Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomCRO
Angler
Angler

Re: deep lake

Post by tomCRO » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:45 am

40-50 meters is over the 60fitt-90 fitt deep lake...
I have some problems to catch norden pikes i don t no what colours lurs worked in this deep...
Pulled pleased to have some answer from all of you in this very good fishing forum.. 8-)

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:17 pm

Big heavy jigging spoons and tubes...if you can bait, insert some cut bait into the tube or attach to the spoon's hooks.

Make sure to use braided line and also that the weights of the lures are plently heavy enough to get down deep and stay deep.

Works here for Walleye and Stripers in some Southern impoundments, imagine it would do well with the CICE. Most important factor is a good sonar/depth/fish locator, otherwise with that much water, you could be fishing in totally fish barren areas.

Good luck.

mRVA
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mRVA » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:31 am

Yes, this would work out well, but TomCRO had forgoten to mention that he is fishing from the shore, cause boats are banned from this lake... :cry:
Yes Sir, I can Boogie!

tomCRO
Angler
Angler

Post by tomCRO » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:35 am

dragon1 wrote:Big heavy jigging spoons and tubes...if you can bait, insert some cut bait into the tube or attach to the spoon's hooks.

Make sure to use braided line and also that the weights of the lures are plently heavy enough to get down deep and stay deep.

Works here for Walleye and Stripers in some Southern impoundments, imagine it would do well with the CICE. Most important factor is a good sonar/depth/fish locator, otherwise with that much water, you could be fishing in totally fish barren areas.

Good luck.
Thanks dragon1 that are answer on the my qoestions... :D
It sadly to type this... in my country in all most lake fishing boat is forbidden to catch fish we spining from the coasline it difficult some way delightful to catch in this conditions it big happiness.
dragon1 do you mean put on in to edge of spoon slikon bait?
what colours of spoons do you mean to put on my line?

Fbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fbass » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:01 am

I'm sometimes facing similar condition here. What I do is fish very early in the morning and use topwater baits like sammy or buzzbait.
The fish come shallow to eat and rest deep!

tomCRO
Angler
Angler

Post by tomCRO » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:08 pm

Fbass wrote:I'm sometimes facing similar condition here. What I do is fish very early in the morning and use topwater baits like sammy or buzzbait.
The fish come shallow to eat and rest deep!
Thanks Fbass for answer to my problem...
I will try in the morning with topwater baits

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:25 pm

Well firstly, fishing from shore is a totall diff matter. Also, spoon color will depend on water clarity and also baitfish/forage availability. To me, chartreuse/red, white/red, chrome, gold are all great Pike colors.

So far as attaching the bait on the spoon, I meant on the hook if you were jigging it. If you were casting it, that would present some challenges to the swimming action of the lure.

Have you tried different variations of a three-way rig or carolina rig with a large tube or shallow large minnow bait in tow using a heavy main weight? A heavy weight on a three-way swivel will allow you to fish the bottom contour while keeping a shallow running lure like a Rapala minnowbait swimming in the deeper water. You can also set the line length to the minnowbait per your liking.

Also, you can try to fish very big and heavy short armed, single Colorado or Indiana blade SBs...if you can make one that is 1 1/2-2oz heavy, it will fish deep effectively with a helicopter retrieve...or you can just slow roll it back to shore once you let it hit bottom. No matter what, when you fish a moving bait in that deep of water, it is always a challenge to keep it at the depth that the fish are at...which brings up the most important point...to find where the big CICE are at in firt place.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck!

tomCRO
Angler
Angler

Post by tomCRO » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:37 pm

dragon1 wrote:Well firstly, fishing from shore is a totall diff matter. Also, spoon color will depend on water clarity and also baitfish/forage availability. To me, chartreuse/red, white/red, chrome, gold are all great Pike colors.

So far as attaching the bait on the spoon, I meant on the hook if you were jigging it. If you were casting it, that would present some challenges to the swimming action of the lure.

Have you tried different variations of a three-way rig or carolina rig with a large tube or shallow large minnow bait in tow using a heavy main weight? A heavy weight on a three-way swivel will allow you to fish the bottom contour while keeping a shallow running lure like a Rapala minnowbait swimming in the deeper water. You can also set the line length to the minnowbait per your liking.

Also, you can try to fish very big and heavy short armed, single Colorado or Indiana blade SBs...if you can make one that is 1 1/2-2oz heavy, it will fish deep effectively with a helicopter retrieve...or you can just slow roll it back to shore once you let it hit bottom. No matter what, when you fish a moving bait in that deep of water, it is always a challenge to keep it at the depth that the fish are at...which brings up the most important point...to find where the big CICE are at in firt place.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck!
I shall try on all what you write to me and in time i will send results..
Also thanks for answer to my all questions. :)
You ask me where is Big Cice it is in town nearbay Zagreb capital city Croatia.