A good day of bass fishing

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
Ghost
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Death Valley, CA 90210-->Now via Indiana

A good day of bass fishing

Post by Ghost » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:09 am

I went fishing this morning & threw out poppers & black buzzbaits. NO takers at all. So I switched to a 5" watermelon w/ glitter Senko. I realized the water was murky, so I switched to a 5" bubblegum Senko. I casted out about 50-60' passed the weeds. On the second cast....WHAMO! I set the hook hard, had a good fight w/ the bass jumping out of the water a couple times, trying to throw the hook. The "fun" really started when I got him on the edge of the weeds, which was pretty thick. I horsed him out of there, it took about 5 min. He was about 4 lbs. I gotta tell ya that P-line 8 lb CXX is pretty strong stuff.

Went to another lake this evening. I wanted to try out a black smoke Lip Ripperz trout worm for bluegills, using my UL spincast. I caught 1 bluegill & a couple bass, 2 & 3 lbs, respectively. Since I was using UL, I set the drag pretty loose, so I wouldn't lose any bass. I have 4lb P-line Flouroclear, pretty good line also. It was quite a fun time fighting them on UL, actually it was "Bloody Exciting"!
Here's a pic of one of the bass, it's a bit blurry.

You see, yesterday at Ralph B. Clark Park, I got skunked. I did have a couple hits using a jig/pig in the lily pads. I switched to a Bobby's Perfect Frog. I had many hits, but no takers, quite FRUSTRATING! I noticed most of the bass were pretty shallow. I was casting to the other side of the banks grass & hopping the frog onto the water, & after a few pulls on the frog, I was getting hit. I shoulda went w/ a Senko....
Attachments
Oct15.jpg
Oct15.jpg (67.1 KiB) Viewed 10607 times
Oct15d night.jpg
Oct15d night.jpg (57.79 KiB) Viewed 10607 times

Hammer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: A good day of bass fishing

Post by Hammer » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:21 am

Nice fish ghost. Thats a bright flash on that camera, its hurting my eyes looking at that plastic. :lol:

Ghost
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Death Valley, CA 90210-->Now via Indiana

Post by Ghost » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:37 am

Yeah that bubblegum color really stands out. I have a camera phone & some pics come out weird. I guess the pink just stands out.

This one particuler lake that I caught the bass on the bubblegum Senko, that color is really good use for me. I've caught bass w/ a Zoom Trickworm & Zoom Fluke in the same color. I've tried the same color at other lakes & not even a nibble. If it works, I'm sticking w/ it!

JIP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JIP » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:54 am

Sounds like you had a good time out there!
Nice job! :clap:
And man, that camera on your cell phone takes
pretty good pictures!
JIP - TackleTour.com
http://www.tackletour.com

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:03 pm

Some niceuns Ghost!

Dan

Hammer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hammer » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:55 pm

JIP wrote:Sounds like you had a good time out there!
Nice job! :clap:
And man, that camera on your cell phone takes
pretty good pictures!
I agree, that is impressive for a cell phone camera. My friend used his cell phone to take a picutre of me holding a great big King Salmon. When he emailed the picture all you could see was a person, difficult to tell if it was me, holding what looked like a big silver rectangle!

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:56 pm

Wait until next year guys. The cell phones are going to be incredible. I use to work for Agilent technologies and I got to witness some amazing stuff from their mobile dept. Expect to see some cameras with 1 megapixel sometime soon...

Hammer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hammer » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:45 pm

Thats getting serious. Sounds like theyre making digital cameras with a cell phone option!

septik
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by septik » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:10 pm

The good news is megapixel phones are here now:

http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomo ... _new.shtml

But to hang that 12 pound Largemouth in paper on the wall, you still must have a hand-held camera. When these little picture phones get to 3+ megapixels, give them a look. Otherwise, with such low resolution, they are little more than just a convienence for giving your buddy sitting at home a little jab by sending him a quick pic. With many of the 3+ megapixel cameras selling for a third of what we spend on a single reel, a good digital camera (water-proofed of course) needs to be standard equipment in everyone's tackle bag.

--Casey

BTW Ghost, no shot at you bro, nice catching! Just getting into this techno-talk.

lunchbox88
Angler
Angler

Post by lunchbox88 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:20 pm

Megapixel phones have been around for a little while now. The big news in the camera phone world is Samsung's new phone...5 megapixel camera. It's only available in Taiwan, I think. I'm pretty sure it's not coming to the states.

SarahYevo
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by SarahYevo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:19 am

lunchbox88 wrote:Megapixel phones have been around for a little while now. The big news in the camera phone world is Samsung's new phone...5 megapixel camera. It's only available in Taiwan, I think. I'm pretty sure it's not coming to the states.
Today in this technology the cell phones are going to be incredible.

antoywkr578
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by antoywkr578 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 am

Nice fish ghost and i think your story is dream of my sleep. I am always feel this in my dream.