rod and reel. I couldnt' retrieve it... sucks. But then that
allows me to buy new and better gear. hehe :D

There were other incidents where I lost stuff, it could be endless. :roll:

gyro
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Losing tackle

Post by gyro » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:35 am

yeah, just lost some stuff again this weekend. Attached my brand new expensive spinnerbait to my swivel and casted a mile, only to see my spinner bait keep going and never return. When i retrieved my line back, it seems my snap swivel had opened :( Considered swimming down to get it to relieve my torment, but in the end, i decided it best not to swim and spook the 60 lb muskys near by. I had just seen 5 huge muskys, the length of my boat, spawning in the shallows. Since they are territorial, i didn't want to disturb them so i could come back again. One day.....one of them will be mine since i know where they are now....I think one 60lb musky is worth the cost of one spinnerbait.... :D

in terms of pliers and scissors, lost them a couple times so now i have them attached to my belt with a carbiner and clip-on retriever.

danbass
Angler
Angler

Post by danbass » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:30 pm

If your not loosing equipment your not fishing. If we don't loose something everytime we go fishing I don't feel we were fishing in the right spot.

dazzle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dazzle » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:32 pm

Give and take right? :wink:
If you're not giving to the lake, how do you expect to catch fish.

quantum angler nt
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by quantum angler nt » Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:25 am

I hate losing tackle!!!! I haven't had the bad luck of losing a rod, but I always have those days when I get my lure snagged and lose it. In places with a high% of snags sometimes I will change lures. Other times I just retie my knots frequently. Everybody loses tackle and there is no sense in getting work up about it. Even though I dislike losing lures, there is always an outdoor store not too far away that can replace my lost ones.

bitesize
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bitesize » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:13 am

What if you lost a lure that they don't produce anymore
and it's one of your favorites that has caught many big fish? :D
Do you retired it after a while because you don't want to take
the chances of losing it?

quantum angler nt
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by quantum angler nt » Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:07 pm

I had a similar problem with a lure made by blue fox that is not made anymore. Your only options seem to be to retire the lure or to find othewr means of optaining one. i am working out a deal with a friend to buy his lure from him, or you can try Ebay for really hard to find lures.

Rodon
Angler
Angler

Post by Rodon » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:30 pm

A LONG TIME AGO I did not secure my stinger full of fish and lost the stringer and a whole nights worth of perfect eating channel cats.

Mad up for it one day while fishing at a spill way and caught a sweet nylon mesh bag full of catfish! Still have th bag to this day.

I just about lost my pole to a huge cat last night in a local pond. Set it down on the dock so I could tie on a spinner on my ultra lite and my catfish pole zoomed by. Dove to catch it just in time.

FINNOR FREAK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by FINNOR FREAK » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:06 pm

Was fishing back in the spring on the lake where I will be next week ,and hung jaws!!!Well maybe not jaws ,but it was a gooden whatever it was.I was throwing the new yo-zuri hardcore crankbait.And when you know what hit my bait the fight was on,and then it happened.Moron hung me up and broke my line and took my bait!!!!!.Them boys ain;t cheap.About 10 bucks each.After letting my wife see me cry, I thought hey for every bait I lose I will have to buy two more.She didn't like that idea near as much as I did.
Anyway the next day we were fishing back up in the same cove and then it happened.My wife said what is that floating by the back.You guessedit.My!!! bait.The only downside is she wouldn't let me buy the two baits since I got it back.
You just don't nevra know.
Later.

Jinz000
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jinz000 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:03 am

I lost many lures, fishing in the bay. Specially Laser lures. Seems to get stuck on some plant. While fishing at the bay I saw a fellow fisherman with a 10-12' /reel very expensive gear. While he was away a sea lion took a bite and pulled the whole thing in the water. Sad for both parties, must of cost em $300 for that.

flcx413
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by flcx413 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Man lost a good one tonight. A deps pulsecod 2nd time I ever fished it, first time caught a good largemouth on it $25 gone. Casted my line out and the wind took my line into a tree my 15lb braid snapped trying to get the lure out of the branch. :crying: sorry for bringing up an old thread but maybe if I hear some more stories I wont feel so bad lol
BTW it might still be hanging there I never heard or saw it hit the water after the snap it was dark so im going back tomorrow to investigate.

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mprestonSEK » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:26 pm

One of the worst things to ever happen while fishing. I was fishing in a 10 foot scamp and was throwing a crankbait. I had just bought a revo sx probably no more than two weeks before. The trolling motor was on and I swing and make a cast, and as I move into the forward movement of the cast and I felt something wrong. I look back and see my rod with my new sx slowly sinking down. I reached back nearly falling out of the boat but it was too late. Bye bye new reel.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:38 pm

I always hate losing tackle but now I wish I had more time to lose it haha

q1w2e3_89
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by q1w2e3_89 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 pm

I once forgot I left my tackle box on the roof of my car when I drove off. It was too late when I heard the crunch. About a dozen Megabass and Jackall lures became plastic chips. Naturally, I took that as an excuse to repurchase all of them again!

billheng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by billheng » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:06 pm

q1w2e3_89 wrote:I once forgot I left my tackle box on the roof of my car when I drove off. It was too late when I heard the crunch. About a dozen Megabass and Jackall lures became plastic chips. Naturally, I took that as an excuse to repurchase all of them again!
ouch. that would have burnt a deep hole in your pocket man. :lol: :lol: