Fishing in Singapore

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
AquaFish
Angler
Angler

Fishing in Singapore

Post by AquaFish » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:57 pm

Hi, going to make me first trip to Asia. Going to trek around Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, etc.

Anyone have any information about fishing places, especially Singapore because I dont know what else to do there.

thanks!

SGFisho
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Fishing in Singapore

Post by SGFisho » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:56 am

Hi,

I am staying in Singapore. What tackle will you be carrying with you? I reckon you will be taking you lures with you.

There is a lot of legal area for fishing in Singapore Reservoir. Fishes like great snake head and peacock bass are common in the reservoir. Shoreline fishes like barramundi are quite common in Singapore but this places are quite remote and not easily accessible.

AquaFish
Angler
Angler

Post by AquaFish » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:38 am

Since I am traveling to many areas, I don't plan to carry that much
stuff. I am going there around Sept. to avoid some of the summer heat. What type of fishing is best at that time and easy to access?
And what type of gear do you think i will require?

thanks mate

SGFisho
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by SGFisho » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:59 am

There is not laws in Singapore on the size of fishes and the no. of fishes that is allow to bring home thus causing "over fish" @ most of the accessible area like the reservoir and shoreline. If you are around Singapore around Sept. and decided to do some light fishing, I will be glad to bring you to some of the local reservoir.

The tackle that is commonly used in Singapore is multipler baitcasting outfit. Personally, I am using a 10-17lbs 1 or 2 piece rod with Abu 2600CIAR reel spool with 10lbs fireline. Lures used are poppers and top waters. I reckon this outfit will do nicely when you try your luck in Malaysia and Hong Kong. In Malaysia, you can expect bigger and larger size Snake head.

AquaFish
Angler
Angler

Post by AquaFish » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:10 am

Thanks! I will be sure to send you an email when the time gets closer.

SGFisho
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by SGFisho » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:08 am

No problem, I can provide you my contact no. so that you can call me when you are in Singapore.