Livewell for kayak

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
Aerotus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Livewell for kayak

Post by Aerotus » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:06 pm

For those who kayak fish, do you use a livewell and how is yours rigged?
I have been using this little bucket with an aquarium pump and a battery, but just looking for new alternatives.
I was thinking of using one of the wells in the open top kayak as a livewell, that has a lid of course. Any thoughts?

Reno Reeler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Livewell for kayak

Post by Reno Reeler » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:25 pm

Aerotus,

You're getting me into a frenzy with all this talk of kayak fishing. I should have bought a yak instead of the Creek Company inflatable pontoon boat last week.

Did you come up with a live well solution? Do you have a fishfinder mounted on your kayak, and if so, what brand and type of battery do you use to run the fishfinder and how did you mount the tansducer?

hooshna
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by hooshna » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Who makes a Tandem Kayak that can also be paddled solo? I'm looking for a Tandem Kayak with room for gear that could also be easily paddled / handled solo. I'd prefer a sit on top, and it doesn't seem that a sit-in would be able to be configured this way. Any information would be appreciated. Specifically Make, Model, or website where I can look at them. Thanks in advance!

billheng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by billheng » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:24 pm

hooshna wrote:Who makes a Tandem Kayak that can also be paddled solo? I'm looking for a Tandem Kayak with room for gear that could also be easily paddled / handled solo. I'd prefer a sit on top, and it doesn't seem that a sit-in would be able to be configured this way. Any information would be appreciated. Specifically Make, Model, or website where I can look at them. Thanks in advance!