Gravel Pits - Fremont, CA

Please post your fishing reports (freshwater or saltwater, conventional or fly fishing). You don't have to give away your secret spots but you do have to share what tackle you were using!
Aerotus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Gravel Pits - Fremont, CA

Post by Aerotus » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:53 pm

I haven't fished in the bay nor ocean lately, but my friend
fished for bass last weekend at the gravel pits in Fremont, CA.
Looks like all the bass, largemouth and smallmouth are all
gone. They stock these man made ponds with trophy sized trout
and people fish there with powerbait and that stuff. Looks like
they have taken all the bass out of there.

Reno Reeler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Gravel Pits - Fremont, CA

Post by Reno Reeler » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:12 am

I'm not surprised. Don't take this as a slam on the Bay Area, but when I lived there for a short time, I was amazed that wherever I went, there would always be other people there.

The talapia gill netters must have found the pond.

clitsplashing
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by clitsplashing » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:17 am

check it out home-boy I've lived in newark all my life, all 47 yrs of them. been fishing the ponds since I was old enough to ride a bike, and I will tell you that there is no shortage off bass, It's still winter! bass more or less hibernate and will be lethargic till the weather warms up around the 1st of april! and another thing that mud hole were thay stock the trout is not where the bass are at. I dont suggest anyone do this but all the huge bass are in the four other ponds around quarry lake that are posted no fishing keep out! i.e (bunting pond, los logose pit, the boat pond , and the half pipe next to the bart tracks. black rubber worm' hoked wacky style, in the eve or a spinner/buzz bait in the morn will get you all the action you need steady 4lb to 5lb all day if you know where to cast! any way good luck!

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DarkShadow » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:59 pm

SoCal has a few gravel pits that are money makers.

Too bad that the Sheriff's department has enough money in their budget to dispatch out helicopters to flush 'trespassers' away from the area.