Looking for a place to fish in Kissimmee

Please post your fishing reports (freshwater or saltwater, conventional or fly fishing). You don't have to give away your secret spots but you do have to share what tackle you were using!
jspinelli8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Looking for a place to fish in Kissimmee

Post by jspinelli8 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi all,

Going to Disney this November and I'm looking for a couple of local spots to hit. Mostly fishing from shore, if someone knows of a good place or round about location for decent bass fishing, please let me know.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a place to fish in Kissimmee

Post by USA-RET » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Honestly from the shore, very few of the bigger lakes offer much opportunity. If you can find a canal off a main lake (where there is a marina or such, you can do okay). There are always some resident fish in those canals and sometimes you can hook a "toad".
Again most of this is private property, although with some marinas they won't mind you wetting a line if you go in and be sociable prior to fishing.

Personally, I would focus on the motel/hotel and their golf course ponds in the area you are staying. I stayed a Shades of Green in Disney and fished the ponds that bordered their Golf course (stay off the fairways and putting greens :lol: ). For a 1 hour outing, I caught six in the 2-3 lb range.

If you know where you are going to be staying, do a Google maps (satellite imagery) search of the area and be amazed at all the ponds sitting behind public buildings and community areas. As a paying resident of the hotel, the surrounding ponds should be accessible for fishing and these are generally not pressured waters.

One reason I always a have two piece rod in my car wherever I go. :lol:

jspinelli8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jspinelli8 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:20 am

I believe the hotel we are staying in has a pond. I'm gonna buy a travel rod for this trip. I have one day that's all mine and I wanna try to make the most of it.

Imavol
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Imavol » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:52 am

Have you looked into getting a guide for a day? That would be your best bet if the funds are there.

jspinelli8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jspinelli8 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:58 am

I definitely don't have the funds for a guide. I'm buying a 4pc travel rod and bringing a handful of lures.