sd bait barge part 2

Please post your fishing reports (freshwater or saltwater, conventional or fly fishing). You don't have to give away your secret spots but you do have to share what tackle you were using!
Oolie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

sd bait barge part 2

Post by Oolie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:58 pm

i decided i had to get back to the bait barge after saturday's success, so i took the truck over to bob's house and grabbed the yak and headed back to the bait barge, i launched at around 1:30 pm, and found out i didn't have the seat or wheels for the yak, but i persevered and was rewarded.
i had plenty of as tommy would call it "ZING POW" today, and had a double dose of it befor hooking the biggest fish of the day.
it may be big, and it stripped plenty of drag and fought well for its size, but the two fish i busted off on the two casts before it, one on 25 pound CXX the other on 10 pound BPS excel, were both bigger than it, they stripped drag like mad, and broke me off on the gnarly bait barge structure. so here she is, anyone with a guess of what she weighed?

i'm saying it was 4 pounds easy, but it felt like 6+ in my hands, just under 24" long, and 8" girth exactly.

landed on 10 lb BPS excel