Splashing the new ride, new video

Please post your fishing reports (freshwater or saltwater, conventional or fly fishing). You don't have to give away your secret spots but you do have to share what tackle you were using!
Apollobeachsam
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Splashing the new ride, new video

Post by Apollobeachsam » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:06 am

I upgraded my ECC Gladesmen a couple of months with the 2007 hull but have yet to use it extensively in Tampa Bay.(loosing my push pole don't help) I've been pursuing Tarpon these past 2 months way too much and haven't had a chance to take her out much. Along with the new stiffer hull, there's dry storage, and improved rod holders. I also put on a poling platform and shark eyes for lights.

I got out with Neil(Stowaway) to shoot some cool video in the south shore the last couple days. We manage the usual suspect.. snooks/reds/trout. I used top water when I could but there's just lots of grass out there. Clear exude darts, gulps, on weedless mission fishin jigs seems to work well. If they are feeding on small bait I opt for the Yozuri Pins Minnow. Messing around w/ 6lb fire line crystal I lost a couple of them plugs to snooks in the mangroves.@!$@!$!@%!@%

ps. Notice there's no push poll on the boat. If anyone finds a 22' Stiffy Hybrid between Punta Gorda and Placida thats mine.. :(

Tried some new stuff with the video. No big fish no crazy stories(besides a tagged snook) just a nice smooth easy listen/viewing video to enjoy. Let me know what you guys think.

superman_36
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Splashing the new ride, new video

Post by superman_36 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:03 pm

Nice ride