Missouri Muskie

Please post your fishing reports (freshwater or saltwater, conventional or fly fishing). You don't have to give away your secret spots but you do have to share what tackle you were using!
kingsriverrat
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Missouri Muskie

Post by kingsriverrat » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:12 am

Anyone ever fish for Muskie in Missouri? I know MDC has been stocking in Pomme De Terre for a few decades, and Muskie can be caught there, but I'm just now doing research into what I'd need to plan a trip. ANY input is welcome. When, what, where, how, etc.

I'll see what a few Google searches turn up, but I'd love input from any of you guys on the forum.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Missouri Muskie

Post by Nitroman77 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:00 am

yea there is a Busch conservation lake that they stock musky and people have been catching them in the early winter and or early spring. 8-) Other than that I have no clue on the Musky fishing here in MO.
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

5bites
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 5bites » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:57 pm

You may have already seen this but check this site out: http://coachesguideservice.homestead.com/

He is kinda known to whoop up on the musky at pomme.

kingsriverrat
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kingsriverrat » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:50 pm

Skeet, 5Bites,
thanks to you both on the reply. I will definitely be looking up Jim Wilson and seeing how to book a trip with him.

I live here in NW Arkansas on Beaver Lake and fish AR, MO and OK for, well, pretty much everything that swims, from small bluegill and rainbows to record stripers. When I found out there were Muskies within reasonable driving (boat-hauling) distance, I was elated and had to know more.

5bites
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 5bites » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:56 pm

Well shoot you don't live more than an hour and a half from me. I'm in Carthage.