The Trouble with Triple

Please post your fishing reports (freshwater or saltwater, conventional or fly fishing). You don't have to give away your secret spots but you do have to share what tackle you were using!
Apollobeachsam
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

The Trouble with Triple

Post by Apollobeachsam » Sat May 19, 2007 6:02 am

Man I've been chasing poons all week with out much luck on the beach.. ( I know it's early). They were there but very sporadic and not many rollers even on calm mornings. I figured give a shot and never know until you go look.

Well one of those days Andy(catchusome), JMSnooky and I decided to go look for some poons on the beach. We saw one pod in the am. We had one shot and the guys blew it by tangling their line during the cast while the Tarpon was 20' in front of us happy.( I was holding the camera on the poling platform).

We stayed a while longer and made a run to another beach only to notice my 2 week old $800 Remote Control 75lb thrust motor guide started to spew out liquid all over the place. I don't know what it is and I don't care. It will be the last motor guide I will ever buy. I've had issues w/ Minn Kota also but never anything like this.

Well we drove up and down that gulf coasting looking for them(Egmont to Redington) but no luck. Large pods of bait every where. The timing was wrong or they just wasn't there thick enough who knows. We curbed our bordom fishing for Triple tails. We did find a little guy and got some good footage of the presentation, the take and the landing. Sweet stuff!

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbmOiK0M3vc

We stop to eat lunch and John's Pass and called it a day. It was worth giving it a shot but T's got us today. Tarpon, Trolling motor, Triple tail... Oh well it wasn't a complete loss and had a great time Thanks Jason and Andy.

After I got home drove directly to Orlando BPS to take the Motor guide back and picked up a Minn Kota.