Some Spring Ultra light crappie and bass from Ranger 619VS

Please post your fishing reports (freshwater or saltwater, conventional or fly fishing). You don't have to give away your secret spots but you do have to share what tackle you were using!
Ranger 619VS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Some Spring Ultra light crappie and bass from Ranger 619VS

Post by Ranger 619VS » Mon May 07, 2007 3:08 am

Hey Guys,

The water has warmed and the Trout action has slowed some. But the crappie and bass are turned on!! Went out the last few days with my loomis ul gear and have caught hundreds of crappie of all sizes...Quite a few around 1lb which ain't bad for New Jersey. Saturday April 28th was a unreal day. I won't post the actual numbers we caught because you will all call me a liar.....But they were in a pre-spawn feeding mode and they ate all day at the back of the spawning creek. Best day ever on crappie, and I have had 50 to 100 fish days before. All fish were caught on either a 1.5in slider grub, 1.5in Yum beaver tail, a 2in triple tip grub or a 55mm squidgie rigged on a 1/16oz lunker grip jighead. I fished mine on G Loomis SR781 rods in IMX with either a Shimano JDM Twinpower Mg 1000s or a Stella 1000, 4lb fireline crystal and a leader of 6lb vanish. All caught either on the intial drop or the slow roll retrieve. Went out this past friday and fished another cove and they were up on the bank between the docks....Caught a nice bunch with a decent NJ bass thrown in also...She came on the same rigs as above on a slider grub. Around 3.5lbs....nice fight on the ul gear....hooked her sister 2 docks away and got her away from the dock and the hook pulled....Oh well thats fishing.......Hope you like the pictures.

Ranger 619VS
Attachments
DSC01029-2.JPG
DSC01029-2.JPG (57.27 KiB) Viewed 2532 times
DSC01033-2.JPG
DSC01033-2.JPG (55.23 KiB) Viewed 2532 times