KILLER Day on the reservoir w/ pics!

Please post your fishing reports (freshwater or saltwater, conventional or fly fishing). You don't have to give away your secret spots but you do have to share what tackle you were using!
b23ball23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

KILLER Day on the reservoir w/ pics!

Post by b23ball23 » Thu May 03, 2007 6:12 am

hey guys. I got out yesterday with my uncle and had a blast. Triadelphia was on fire. We saw a couple very nice bedding fish, but instead decided to fish for pre/post spawners (most of them are pre).
Most fish were fat 3-4.5 pounders...with one Spawned-out hawg that went 5-4, but easily would have been over 6 if it was normal size. (Notice the tail, or lack thereof, indicating that it rubbed a bed). My uncle caught 5 on the day- I ended up with 9.

My best 5 went 21-9. Caught on Secret Weapon Lures Spinnerbaits and Buzzbaits. The big fish was on a 7" Niffken.com Ribbontail Worm

Ben
God Bless

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: KILLER Day on the reservoir w/ pics!

Post by Cal » Thu May 03, 2007 6:46 am

Nice job Ben! for a second there, from your title, I thought you had sold your soul and gotten yourself a Gan Craft rod =)))) =))))
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

da house of hardy #1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by da house of hardy #1 » Thu May 03, 2007 7:21 am

Yeah.I thought that Nautilus or GH bought a new GanCraft :lol: . I didn't even saw, whose post this is.Just entered this thread to see a nice rod.But then I saw only Ben :? :big grin: Everything is fine ,Ben.This was a joke ;) Your fish are BEAUTIFUL :!:

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:51 pm

Wow, that's some nice fish! I've got a tournament this Sunday and I would LOVE to have those 5!! Ya'll caught em using my favorite 2 baits too...spinnerbaits and buzzbaits...

Congrats!

Justin