Salmon Fishing Report for 4/24 and 4/25

Please post your fishing reports (freshwater or saltwater, conventional or fly fishing). You don't have to give away your secret spots but you do have to share what tackle you were using!
seasicknes
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Salmon Fishing Report for 4/24 and 4/25

Post by seasicknes » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:28 am

Saturday

Dave and I went on EARLY BITE II out of hmb.

Seas were BIG for a 17 whaler. We managed 7 hits, 5 of shakers and 2 were keepers.

I even barfed up 3 times !!! (thus my handle- SEASICKNES) Thats how bad it was, well at least for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday

Dave and I went on EARLY BITE II out of Moss Landing.

Forecast calls for: TODAY
NE WINDS 5 KT...BECOMING W 10 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. NW SWELL 1 TO 4 FT AT 12 SECONDS.
PATCHY MORNING FOG.

Its FLAT ! what a difference a day makes and also the location.

When we got there, we were behind only one trailer. We put in and got ready. Just before we shoved off, we noticed that the line has now gotten 14 trucks and trailers all waiting in line to get wet.

We headed out in darkness going SLOW enjoying the stars and the flat seas. We smell "Fishiness" in the air. So we know that the fish are amoung us down there. We put our lines down at GREY LIGHT.

Once down, we waited about 5 mintues and we had a double. Got them both in and we circled around and got another double. Now were done with our limits. We then cleaned up the boat and headed back in. I Saw and Heard Khanh (call sign BACKBRACE with his 17' whaler) out there, found him on the way back in and we donutted him. Waved good bye to Michael and Carole on Backbrace.

At the launch ramp, the people were trying to get out into the water while we were trying to get into the trailer. One of the guys in line was nice enough to let us CUT in line to retrieve our boat. Dave gave him our numbers/deapth and our parking/launching permit.

Great day on the water ! This is what its all about !!

Back home by 9:30 am

Go get'em.

Ken / Dave
(17' whaler / 22' hydrasports)