If You Could.....

Is there any other species?
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

If You Could.....

Post by goldrod » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:22 pm

If you could do it all over again, what would you buy, or not buy or not sell ?
with the prices of shipping rods I have some on the rack that id sell but the freakin shipping makes it just not worth the fight.
If I could do it all over again and going off what I have learned, I would have jumped into the steez rods and reels early as well as the megabass x7 line.. I feel like I missed out and its only because of some good guys here that I have some of the rods that I have in that line up.

I've learned that not all that glitters is needed and not all that is wanted is required.
In all honesty, if I had to do it all over again, Id not sell my gen one cumara jig rod the 7'4" i believe.. yes it was tip heavy but
it was offset with a great reel.. and speaking of reels, i dont know why it bothered me in the beginning to put a shimano reel on a daiwa rod.. sometimes its just eh best of both worlds..

I waited far too long to try the alphas platform.
Lastly i would not have waited so long to get a custom rod.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: If You Could.....

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:19 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:22 pm
If you could do it all over again, what would you buy, or not buy or not sell ?
with the prices of shipping rods I have some on the rack that id sell but the freakin shipping makes it just not worth the fight.
If I could do it all over again and going off what I have learned, I would have jumped into the steez rods and reels early as well as the megabass x7 line.. I feel like I missed out and its only because of some good guys here that I have some of the rods that I have in that line up.

I've learned that not all that glitters is needed and not all that is wanted is required.
In all honesty, if I had to do it all over again, Id not sell my gen one cumara jig rod the 7'4" i believe.. yes it was tip heavy but
it was offset with a great reel.. and speaking of reels, i dont know why it bothered me in the beginning to put a shimano reel on a daiwa rod.. sometimes its just eh best of both worlds..

I waited far too long to try the alphas platform.
Lastly i would not have waited so long to get a custom rod.
I would have waited and bought a different reel than my most expensive, a Steez A, would much rather had a second new Zillion or Alphas SV TW. Also bought a ton of lures I never use, mainly deep cranks too large for my river system...

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:48 am

I would have not sold my 2012 Antares. Loved that reel for deep cranking.

I did jump around quite a bit finding the "perfect punch rod" for me. Bought and sold a lot of rods doing so. I still am not sure I found it. Kistler Helium 3 (NFC blank) 7'10 M.O.D has got little use and I don't have enough time to see if it is THE punch rod for me.

Hmm...I am sure I could list more too.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:09 am

It’s the mistakes I’ve made in my past that made me the man I am today. I won’t go back and wonder should I have made a left when I made a right.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:32 pm

Only one I really regret selling is the 1st JDM reel I ever bought, a pristine Alphas, the original purple one. I'd love to find another one, but they are few and far between in mint condition, and they are ridiculously expensive when they do surface.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:13 am

If I could get all my money back and start over:

4 Steez/Morethan with ZPI and KTF spools for seatrout and perch

2 Daiwa Alphas Air TW

4 Conquests for salmon and pike

2 Spinning reels for inshore

Suitable collection of custom rods, St Croix Legend Elite Salmon/steelhead rods.

I would not buy the shitload of high-end lures that look nice more than work nice, ie many megabass. Instead stick to a few trusted lures.

I have close to 90 baitcasters, a large collection of rods, and too many lures. Perhaps I should try to trim the collection…