First frog fish of the year

Is there any other species?
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 1966
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

First frog fish of the year

Postby mark poulson » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:06 am

I fished a frog for an hour yesterday, first time this year, and had five blowups.
The two fish I did hook went 2 and 3.5.
Hooray!!!

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:38 pm
Location: Lake Guntersville

Re: First frog fish of the year

Postby BigG » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:46 am

Hooray indeed, too early here.

User avatar
Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2781
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Ashland, NE

Re: First frog fish of the year

Postby Finnz922 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:19 pm

mark poulson wrote:I fished a frog for an hour yesterday, first time this year, and had five blowups.
The two fish I did hook went 2 and 3.5.
Hooray!!!


What's the water temp where your at?
IROD Pro Staff
Humminbird/Minn Kota Pro Staff

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 1966
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: First frog fish of the year

Postby mark poulson » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:07 pm

Finnz922 wrote:
mark poulson wrote:I fished a frog for an hour yesterday, first time this year, and had five blowups.
The two fish I did hook went 2 and 3.5.
Hooray!!!


What's the water temp where your at?



Yesterday it was 65-66 at noon.

User avatar
Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2781
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Ashland, NE

Re: First frog fish of the year

Postby Finnz922 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Lucky guy. Last week it was 38 deg and sleeting. With NE winds and the water temp was 43-45 deg during our Wednesday night tourney. :evil: ](*,)
IROD Pro Staff
Humminbird/Minn Kota Pro Staff

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 1966
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: First frog fish of the year

Postby mark poulson » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Finnz922 wrote:Lucky guy. Last week it was 38 deg and sleeting. With NE winds and the water temp was 43-45 deg during our Wednesday night tourney. :evil: ](*,)


Dang! I had to put on a sweatshirt and gloves after I read that! ;)

User avatar
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1651
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Michigan (U.P)

Re: First frog fish of the year

Postby Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:44 pm

mark poulson wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:Lucky guy. Last week it was 38 deg and sleeting. With NE winds and the water temp was 43-45 deg during our Wednesday night tourney. :evil: ](*,)


Dang! I had to put on a sweatshirt and gloves after I read that! ;)


You could still have ice on the lake ⛄
Hobie-Wan Kenobi

User avatar
Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2781
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Ashland, NE

Re: First frog fish of the year

Postby Finnz922 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:11 pm

ccass wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:Lucky guy. Last week it was 38 deg and sleeting. With NE winds and the water temp was 43-45 deg during our Wednesday night tourney. :evil: ](*,)


Dang! I had to put on a sweatshirt and gloves after I read that! ;)


You could still have ice on the lake ⛄


Yeah, rather have ice and live in Michigan. Love smallmouth and the Fighting Harboughs! Family keeps me in Nebraska ](*,)
IROD Pro Staff
Humminbird/Minn Kota Pro Staff

toddmc
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: First frog fish of the year

Postby toddmc » Wed May 02, 2018 1:52 pm

Come on Mark, this is unacceptable. You gotta be throwin' that thing all winter ;) . The Delta rats in your neck of the woods are always braggin' about catching winter frog fish. What they don't tell you is that they are single and on the water every damn day of the year! :lol: I wish that I could spend that many days on the water!

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 1966
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: First frog fish of the year

Postby mark poulson » Thu May 03, 2018 8:13 pm

toddmc wrote:Come on Mark, this is unacceptable. You gotta be throwin' that thing all winter ;) . The Delta rats in your neck of the woods are always braggin' about catching winter frog fish. What they don't tell you is that they are single and on the water every damn day of the year! :lol: I wish that I could spend that many days on the water!


Hahaha!


Return to “Bass Fishing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests