Drop Shot With Bobber Stops

Is there any other species?
wolfewiz
Angler
Angler

Drop Shot With Bobber Stops

Post by wolfewiz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:12 pm

https://youtu.be/35ATjA3DL4gi

I love dropshotting and have been considering giving this a try. My concern is losing fish at the knot above the weight. Maybe the bobber stopper will provide cushion.

Anyone with experience with this or thoughts to offer?

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Drop Shot With Bobber Stops

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:44 pm

The bobber stopper won't slip over that knot, if the bobber stopper is the correct size, If I was going to do this I would
tie a knot directly under the bobber stopper.

What prevented me from doing this is all the bobber stoppers, I want less hardware as possible, I also want my hook
to stick directly out.

I use a uni knot, that has worked best for me.....

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 am

Those bobber stoppers probably aren't going to last long. They won't hold your bait in place on a hard cast after they have quickly been forced down a few times. That is why people don't use them on a splitshot/Carolina rig.
The second issue is that you are going to lose some leverage on the hook set because the bait has to slide down to the weight.
Third, the line clip style weights will cut your line if you put much pressure on them. That is what they are designed to do. I would throw old school sinkers with loops if I was going to use this technique. The bobber stopper between the weight and hook is also going to take a lot of abuse with a hooked fish pressing against it.
Lastly, as has been said, your bait won't sit horizontal, which is the way that most people want it. This could be a good thing if you want less movement.

wolfewiz
Angler
Angler

Post by wolfewiz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:29 am

Thanks for the replies. I️ agree with all that was said.