wacky senko

Is there any other species?
adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: wacky senko

Post by adam lancia » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:05 pm

mark poulson wrote:
adam lancia wrote:Yikes! I'm going to have to keep that in mind if I get into vegetation like that this year.
The guy who taught me that technique, Scott Hansen, just waxed the rest of our club yesterday in our monthly tournament. He had 24.85, all on senkos. Second had 21.30, third had 16.35, and it dropped off from there. He said he was making ling casts with a T rigged 7" into a foot of water, and fishing both the "Scott" shot and the wacky senko in the sparse tulles shallow, for prespawn fish that were just moving up.
That's good info, thanks Mark! I feel like our fish just might respond to that kind of a presentation.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:29 pm

adam lancia wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
adam lancia wrote:Yikes! I'm going to have to keep that in mind if I get into vegetation like that this year.
The guy who taught me that technique, Scott Hansen, just waxed the rest of our club yesterday in our monthly tournament. He had 24.85, all on senkos. Second had 21.30, third had 16.35, and it dropped off from there. He said he was making ling casts with a T rigged 7" into a foot of water, and fishing both the "Scott" shot and the wacky senko in the sparse tulles shallow, for prespawn fish that were just moving up.
That's good info, thanks Mark! I feel like our fish just might respond to that kind of a presentation.
I'm from SoCal, with deep, clear lakes. I know how to fish those lakes.
The CA Delta is a river system, with dirty water, tidal swings, and lots of grass and tulles. It's a whole 'nother world.
I'm still learning, and I've been here two years.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:41 pm

mark poulson wrote:
adam lancia wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
The CA Delta is a river system, with dirty water, tidal swings, and lots of grass and tulles. It's a whole 'nother world.
Those are very similar to the conditions we have here, with the exception of the number of double digit bass you have there.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:59 pm

adam lancia wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
adam lancia wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
Those are very similar to the conditions we have here, with the exception of the number of double digit bass you have there.
I'm still looking for my first double digit bass. Fingers crossed!

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:24 pm

I've been catching little would-be lunkers for so long now that the 2 pounder I caught on Friday felt like a monster :crying: :laugh1:

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 pm

adam lancia wrote:I've been catching little would-be lunkers for so long now that the 2 pounder I caught on Friday felt like a monster :crying: :laugh1:
I know the feeling!