A good day of bass fishing, what does it take?

Is there any other species?
cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: A good day of bass fishing, what does it take?

Post by cortman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Any day is a good day as in it's great to get outside and use some nice gear and have a chance at catching a fish. A successful good day for me means at least figuring out how to catch a couple fish. Figuring out a bite is the biggest rush for me. Getting a better fish or two is always fun too!

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:54 am

For me a good day if I could catch a quality fish, let say a sack of 5 bass over 12-13lb.

Bronzeback91
Angler
Angler

Post by Bronzeback91 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Getting confidence in a new bait or presentation is always fun. Going out and simply knowing based off the conditions and time of year you know it's gonna be a good day and having zero doubt and putting the hammer down is a blast. But it's the whole thing that makes it so addicting, waking up early, getting all your stuff ready, seeing the lake while it's still about dark outside and making that first cast. Putting together the puzzle that is bass fishing and having a pattern from paying attention to what is going on around you. I know some guys go out and just hope to catch something, but I always want to learn more, seems like it's never ending. And even those days where you think you have it dialed in , then go out and get humbled can be good too cause it makes you step back and realize no matter how much confidence and surety you have, the smallest things can make the fish put a question mark in your mind on what to do next. I love all of it :D

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:49 am

klondike1024 wrote:Any day fishing is a great day. I work indoors most of the time so I am thankful for the time and opportunity to enjoy the outdoors. Fishing is a great way to relax the mind, get out and often for me enjoy some great company. I enjoy learning new techniques and staying versatile to keep things interesting. When fishing, I feel more connected with my surroundings and nature.

Hooking a giant doesn't hurt either. :)
Yup. Work inside all day. Tons of stress. A good day is getting out even if I don't catch a fish. Like another poster said, the act of casting and retrieving in often enough although several times out like that can get depressing. :(