Keeping a bait on a hook

Is there any other species?
tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Keeping a bait on a hook

Post by tditox4 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:49 am

Owner twistlock centering pins work for me . I bought all sizes , but use the size L on 3/0 and larger wide gap hooks , including the offset ones. Yes , it works on offset hooks . Just put it on the correct way and it will sit properly . There is only 2 ways to put it on the eye of the hook,...the right way and the wrong way . I use the large because it has the best bite on the bait . The bait will not come off.
If they made this in a size between medium and large , it would be perfect for most of my needs .

Allsorts
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Allsorts » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:46 pm

The Japanese have solved this probably already - the 'Final Keeper'. I've used them - it does what it says on the tin...

The video is a bit slow to get to the point but does a good job of demonstrating the concept. I like them especially for handpours and GYCB baits because baits do last longer and I don't like leaving plastic baits in the water to add to the thousands of worms lost in most lakes every season - PVC is nobody's friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2AmIp3Xvqw

Crankbaitmaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Crankbaitmaker » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:26 pm

This is what I do. Works great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfsrn1sZA_Y

Crankbaitmaker

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:24 pm

Allsorts wrote:The Japanese have solved this probably already - the 'Final Keeper'. I've used them - it does what it says on the tin...

The video is a bit slow to get to the point but does a good job of demonstrating the concept. I like them especially for handpours and GYCB baits because baits do last longer and I don't like leaving plastic baits in the water to add to the thousands of worms lost in most lakes every season - PVC is nobody's friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2AmIp3Xvqw
Are they made from metal or plastic? Also , what size is the LARGEST you can use on a 5" senko type bait, and where did you buy them and what did they cost in USD? Does anyone know if they are available in the U.S. or Canada , and cost?

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:11 am

tditox4 wrote:Owner twistlock centering pins work for me . I bought all sizes , but use the size L on 3/0 and larger wide gap hooks , including the offset ones. Yes , it works on offset hooks . Just put it on the correct way and it will sit properly . There is only 2 ways to put it on the eye of the hook,...the right way and the wrong way . I use the large because it has the best bite on the bait . The bait will not come off.
If they made this in a size between medium and large , it would be perfect for most of my needs .
+1. These work quite well. Impossible to rig it wrong w/one of these on the hook. Keeps the plastic in the perfect spot.

cabrela
Angler
Angler

Post by cabrela » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:23 am

Giqqo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Giqqo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 am

Use really thick mono with some glue to act as a keeper