Ned Rig

Is there any other species?
nikbrewer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Ned Rig

Post by nikbrewer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:21 pm

was just using this last night. 1/16 oz mushroom head and a 3" senko, or the BPS brand 3" stick bait. Was casting it into a log pile on a creek by my house. I one hour pulled out 9 crappie, 1 bass, and 1 green ear. I did not know you are supposed to drag it. I always ley it fall on the cast then pop it up and let it fall again. Always seem to get a bite on the fall.

dv1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dv1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:33 am

There are several retrieve options for Midwest Finesse/Ned rig. Bottom hopping is one of them.

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:04 am

I have found no wrong way to fish a NED rig.

Ranger Ron 620 DVS
Angler
Angler

Post by Ranger Ron 620 DVS » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 am

Jackall Scissor Comb New 3.8" In the "Smoke Hollow Color", Use a 1/32- Ounce Jig. Fish shallow open water, the Ned Rig excels in shallow water, 1-7 feet deep with an exposed hook..

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:52 am

i have been using the ned rig for a few years with a 3" senko or knockoff (dingers, barlows rat tails, gander mountain, etc) and it catches the fish thats for sure. i started using the trd worms (and tubez last year) a couple years ago and while i dont feel that they catch more fish, they sure do last a lot longer! i use both senko style baits and the trd baits interchangeably, and do more than half of my fishing in this style, smallies love it!

as for jig heads, i pour my own on do-its wire keeper molds, i bought the midwest finesse mold but its hard to get the smaller sizes to "hold on" to the hook and keeper, a lot of them wiggle in the lead which i dont like. i bought the round head molds with a wire keeper and they pour a lot better, so i make them in 1/16 and 3/32 with a #1 hook (had to modify the mold with a dremel to use a #1) and 1/32 and 1/24 with a #2 hook (no mold modification needed!). personally i use the matzuo sickle hooks, they are VERY sharp and have yet to break one, and are pretty cheap (about 5 cents each)