Fish both left and right handed baitcasters?

Is there any other species?
BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fish both left and right handed baitcasters?

Post by BigG » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 pm

I can cast with either hand, using both hand left handed casts are easy. Never feel like I need to go left handed reels.

ALBASS
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by ALBASS » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:58 pm

I reckon I can still use either, I made the switch before lefty's became common, and prefer left handle. Back in the early days Quantum had left handles (I still have some) with the flipping switch. The guy I use to fish with always weather flipping or casting kept his reels in flipping position, you pick up one of his rigs to get after that one that missed it, the lure probably never even makes it to the water, and it sounds like you put the car in park before stopping, and feels about the same. You talk about an educated thumb, he is holding the bar down and thumbing the spool, and was very accurate.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Left hand retrieve only for me, I grew up using spinning reels and always reeled with my left.

I can do both if I had to but I have better feel having the rod in my right hand...

btoups
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by btoups » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:32 pm

Right handed retrieve cast mainly with left hand.

stratoliner92
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by stratoliner92 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Being left handed I cast with left and leave rod, never understood why my friends that are right handed cast with one and then switch to reel. But on another note when i use fly or spin gear i use my right to cast and keep rod there also :lol: :shock:

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:53 pm

zodiak311 wrote:That way I don't have to post on the Classifieds, "if only it was a LH" or "if only it was a RH." :roll: :lol:
I grew up reeling LH with spinning reels. So my first baitcast reels were LH. Then a RH ito Ai in excellent shape came up for sale. Now I am like you. I don't care which hand it is. A good deal is a good deal, and the reel is mine. \:D/

I enjoy casting with either hand, but for ultimate accuracy I have to stick with the RH.

I see no need to switch hands with a spinning rod.