Favorite Or Greatest Bass Fisherman Of All Time

Is there any other species?
Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Favorite Or Greatest Bass Fisherman Of All Time

Post by Chode » Sun May 08, 2016 10:48 pm

Obz wrote:Favorite: Bill Dance. His TV show is probably what made me a bass fisherman. He also reminds me of my grandpa.
Best: KVD
Best Hookset: Rick Clun (favorite tournament angler)
Honorable Mention: Aaron Martens
have u seen bill dance bloopers on youtube? freakin hilarious

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Adam Vinatieri. I once saw him kick a football shaped bass 65 yards, over a dam, and it landed in Ish Monroes boat.
I don't know who the Goat is, but it has to be Kevin or Roland doesn't it? Kinda like the Jordan vs LeBron or Montana vs Brady debate. I don't watch a lot of professional tournaments, but the few I have watched, Skeet always seems to be incredibly dialed in. Personally, I don't like any of those guys. Give me a day on the water with Dave Mercer or Adam Vinatieri :lol:
Have you ever seen Mercer in a kilt??? ....I HAVE!!!!!!.......SSSSSHHHHHHHUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTEEEERRRRRR!!! :clown: :lol:

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Mon May 09, 2016 1:49 am

I'll make a controversial statement about GOAT: it absolutely can't be Roland Martin. Martin was infamous for getting inside information on places he fished from local anglers. As a result, he rarely had to figure out a lake and find fish and spots for himself. Compare this with Clunn, KVD, or Aaron, and you'll understand why they are had and shoulders above guys like Roland.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Fri May 27, 2016 9:40 am

Chode wrote:
Obz wrote:Favorite: Bill Dance. His TV show is probably what made me a bass fisherman. He also reminds me of my grandpa.
Best: KVD
Best Hookset: Rick Clun (favorite tournament angler)
Honorable Mention: Aaron Martens
have u seen bill dance bloopers on youtube? freakin hilarious
Haven't but will!!

RB 77
Angler
Angler

Post by RB 77 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:36 am

Gotta say it, my Pops for getting me into it when I was a wee lad. Even though I took 20+ years off to pursue surfing, I came back to it and have a new-found relationship with my Dad that had been void for many years.

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:08 am

Guido Hibdon was my favorite to watch. Of the current guys I like Ott Defoe and Aaron Martens.

Dug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dug » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Best KVD for now....

hungry_cow wrote:
Favorite: Shaw Grigsby, he just seems to truly enjoy and have more fun fishing than anyone else as well as being great.

Agree, he is just a super nice guy. I met him a few years ago and although he was at a show, he took time to talk with me and answer my questions pretty thoroughly.

Dug

hysupra
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hysupra » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:19 pm

oops wrote:Favorite? Mike Iaconelli. If there's anyone out there that can eventually push bass fishing into becoming more mainstream, and as a result, likely creating even more competition in the tackle industry, which will in turn promote more innovation, it is this guy.

Greatest? I don't know, I barely follow bass fishing. From the little I do catch, KVD and Aaron Martens. These two guys just always seem to have it dialed in and play a different game than the rest of the field.
So your saying Iaconelli is the Happy Gilmore of bass fishing? I see a pretty good resemblance lol.

Ranger Ron 620 DVS
Angler
Angler

Post by Ranger Ron 620 DVS » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Rick Clunn